Hospitality and Tourism (B.S.)
Start at the Top
Seton Hill’s Hospitality and Tourism Program prepares students for advanced positions in a wide variety of fields, including restaurant and hotel management, ecotourism, and sports, entertainment, cultural, historical and event tourism.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Study Hospitality and Tourism at Seton Hill?
As a student in the Hospitality and Tourism Program at Seton Hill you will enjoy:
- Hands-on field experiences. As a hospitality and tourism major you’ll meet regularly with industry professionals where they work to learn what goes on behind the scenes in restaurants, resorts, sports and entertainment venues and tourist attractions. In addition, Seton Hill students have been involved with the planning or implementation of a variety of regional events, including:
- U.S. Open & Masters Golf Tournaments
- Thrival Innovation + Music Festival
- Pittsburgh Irish Festival
- Direct involvement with industry groups. At Seton Hill, you’ll make professional connections while learning from industry insiders. The Hospitality and Tourism Program is associated with a variety of organizations, including:
- PA Restaurant & Lodging Association (PRLA)
- Ascender Business Incubator
- Sustainable Pittsburgh
- American Culinary Federation
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Special topics courses. A new special topics course, Industrialization and Public Memory, is being offered in conjunction with the History Program. It incorporates five excursions on bike trails created from former rail lines that include important historical or ecotourism features. Other special topics courses have included:
- Coffee roasting & brewing
- Farm to Table
- Advanced technology. Seton Hill is an Apple Distinguished School. Here, you’ll learn digital marketing and other valuable industry-specific skills using the best in mobile technology.
Seton Hill’s Hospitality and Tourism Program offers study abroad opportunities tailored to the industry. For instance, students traveled with Seton Hill professors in May 2017 for a Food and Culture of Italy course that traced the historical evolution of Italian cuisine and addressed key contemporary issues, including slow-food, organic foods and the origins of regional variations.
Hospitality and Tourism Program faculty are experts in the field and maintain close ties with top industry professionals through active participation in local, state and national hospitality and tourism associations and initiatives.
Your Career in Hospitality & Tourism
Careers in this industry include everything from resort management to directing a Convention and Visitor’s Bureau. You will graduate from Seton Hill’s Hospitality and Tourism Program with a solid understanding of fundamental business principles, including finance, human resources, marketing and law. A broad range of hospitality industry experiences throughout the program will help you build your resume as you discover the segments of this dynamic industry that are the best fit for you.
Seton Hill’s Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) will work with you, your professors, and local, regional and national employers to provide you with the career preparation skills, internship opportunities and placement services you need to get you started in an advanced position in hospitality and tourism.
Ready to Take Your Next Step UP?
You can apply online for free any time. Seton Hill features streamlined admission requirements and a comprehensive aid program. If you haven’t been to visit us yet, please schedule a time to come up to the Hill. You may just see your future from here.