Sports Management (B.S.B.A.)
Sports Management (B.S.B.A.)
Rise Above The Competition
Gain Experience in the Field While You Earn Your Degree
At Seton Hill, students don't just read about sports management, they live it. Through a blend of experiential and community service learning, our students gain skills they need while being challenged to grow personally and professionally. Students in Seton Hill's Sports Management Program are passionate, disciplined, competitive, and enjoy a living classroom that expands their comfort zone.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
Students in the Sports Management Program:
- Study the global sports industry through the lens of business - instead of physical education or kinesiology.
- Participate in projects as early as the freshman year with professional and collegiate sports teams, and sporting events, in Pittsburgh and the region.
- Engage in community service learning through partnerships with the United Way, Special Olympics, Big Brothers Big Sisters and many more.
- Study the ethical principles that guide personal and professional sports management decisions.
- Discuss and explain the principles of interpersonal and mass media-oriented communication.
- Interpret the financial and economic underpinning of sports management.
- Graduate having completed at least one comprehensive, supervised internship.
- Enjoy small classes and get to know professors and classmates - making new friends who will become professional mentors and colleagues in the years to come.
- Benefit from the resources of Seton Hill's award-winning Career and Professional Development Center - a lifetime benefit for students and alumni.
The Best Possible Foundation for Success
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A.) degrees at Seton Hill are designed to give you the best possible foundation for business success. In addition to gaining experience and knowledge specific to sports management, you will also study in the areas of:
Business Tools for Decision Making
Courses like Corporate Ethics and Social Responsibility, Business Communication and Data Analytics will teach you how to use the tools business leaders use to make strategic business decisions.
Business courses that will support your career no matter where it takes you, like statistics, accounting and micro and macroeconomics.
Diversity & Inclusion
Courses like Discrimination, Inequality and Economic Development will provide context for supporting a business environment that treats all people with dignity and provides opportunity to all.
Seton Hill's sports management courses are designed and taught by faculty with both academic and professional business experience - including experience in the sports industry. They are scholars and experts in their fields, and they have dedicated their careers to preparing you for yours.
The Wukich Center
The Wukich Center for Entrepreneurial Opportunities (Wukich CEO) provides specialized support for students interested in owning a business.
Earn Your Bachelor's & MBA In Less Time (for Less Money)
At Seton Hill, you can earn your bachelor’s in sports management and an MBA in only five years, through our FastForward Bachelor's to MBA Program.