Learn Accounting Basics Online in 1 Year
Seton Hill's Online Accounting Certificate is a convenient, affordable way to gain basic accounting knowledge and skills.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Analyze, record and prepare financial statements
- Use accounting software to assist in the compilation, review and analysis of data
- Use analytical tools to analyze variances between budget and actual results
- Evaluate and assess the controls used to detect and prevent
- Understand the financial concepts that are fundamental to a business environment
How You’ll Learn
Convenient Online Program Format
The Accounting Certificate is offered completely online. All courses are taught by faculty from Seton Hill’s School of Business.
Manageable Time Commitment
The Accounting Certificate can be completed in three semesters (twelve months). As a student in this program, you’ll take six online eight-week courses created just for busy adults. You can choose to get started in August, October, January or March - whenever it’s most convenient for you.
Career-Relevant Course Topics
Topics covered in the Accounting Certificate Program include:
- Managerial Accounting
- Data Analytics
- Principles of Finance
- Software Used in Small Business
Academic, Technology & Career Support
As a student in Seton Hill’s Online Program, you will also enjoy:
- Course planning, enrollment assistance and academic support from your faculty members, plus a dedicated counselor from the Office of Graduate and Online Studies, throughout your time at Seton Hill
- Software, access to online services & computer technology support needed for online courses
- Online access to tutoring and assistance through Seton Hill’s:
- Job search and career readiness support through the Career and Professional Development Center
This eighteen-credit program is offered for a special reduced rate. While the cost is reduced, you still receive all of the benefits offered to students in Seton Hill's School of Business.
Use Your Certificate Credits Toward a Degree
If you decide to enroll in a degree program at Seton Hill in the future, the credits earned in this certificate program can be used toward your bachelor's degree. Degree programs that are of interest to students in this certificate program include:
Ready to Take Your Next Step Forward?
Start Your Application Online Anytime for Free
Accounting - Online StoriesView All Accounting - Online Stories
Seton Hill and Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board Receive Grant to help Pennsylvanians Complete Education Programs
To contact the Office of Graduate and Online Studies about online bachelor's degrees and certificates, please fill out our Inquiry Form. You may also call us at (724) 838-4208 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.