Learn to Make the Best Financial Decisions
With a finance degree from Seton Hill, you'll be able to help businesses make smart financial decisions. And move yourself forward into a strong financial future.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
Why Choose Finance at Seton Hill?
As a finance major at Seton Hill you will study:
- Principles of Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting
- Business Law
- Forecast and Capital Budgeting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Investment and Portfolio Analysis
- International Finance
- Money and Capital Markets
- Personal Finance Planning
At Seton Hill, you will also gain hands-on experience in the finance field through a supervised internship.
The Best Possible Foundation for Success
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A.) degrees at Seton Hill are designed to give you the best possible foundation for business success. In addition to gaining experience and knowledge specific to finance, you will also study in the areas of:
Business Tools for Decision Making
Courses like Data Analytics, Quantitative Methods in Business, and Business Communication will teach you how to use the tools business leaders use to make strategic business decisions.
Business courses that will support your career no matter where it takes you, like statistics, accounting and micro and macroeconomics.
Diversity & Inclusion
Courses like Discrimination, Inequality and Economic Development will provide context for supporting a business environment that treats all people with dignity and provides opportunity to all.
Seton Hill Finance Program faculty are experts in the field. They are dedicated to making you successful in yours.
Seton Hill Business Clubs
Finance majors at Seton Hill enjoy working together to develop their business skills and industry contacts. Business clubs at Seton Hill include:
- Finance Club - Provides networking and academic opportunities for finance majors and students with a serious interest in the finance field.
- Business Club - Oversees Seton Hill chapter of Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and other business-related activities.
- Communication Club - Provides professional development and academic opportunities for communication majors, minors, and students with a serious interest in the communication field.
- Enactus - Seton Hill chapter of international community of student, academic and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to transform lives and shape a better more sustainable world.
Your Career in Finance
A bachelor’s degree is all that is needed to get started in a finance career. To move forward in some fields, you can add a certification. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects job opportunities in finance fields to continue to grow. In 2020, the annual median pay for financial analysts was $83,660. Financial managers with a bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience had a median salary of $134,180.
The Wukich Center
The Wukich Center for Entrepreneurial Opportunities (Wukich CEO) provides specialized support for students interested in owning a business.
At Seton Hill, you can earn your bachelor’s in finance and an MBA in only five years, through our FastForward Bachelor's to MBA Program.
You can apply online for free any time. Seton Hill features streamlined admission requirements and a comprehensive aid program. If you haven’t been to visit us yet, please schedule a time to come up to the Hill. You may just see your future from here.