Writing Popular Fiction (M.F.A.)
Write the Book You Want to Read!
An Online Program Supported by Intensive On-Campus Writers' Residencies.
This one-of-a-kind program teaches writers to create – and market – the fiction that sells. It is designed for new or experienced authors who wish to write within popular fiction genres such as romance, science fiction, fantasy, horror and mystery in the adult or young adult markets.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward. Fill out the online Request for Information form.
Seton Hill’s flexible, low-residency format allows you to:
- Earn a master of fine arts degree while working full-time or caring for a family.
- Develop a novel-length writing project in a genre of your choice.
- Enjoy courses, workshops and one-on-one mentoring by established writers.
- Become part of an active, supportive writing community.
- March 22 to begin the program with a June residency.
- Oct 5 to begin the program with a January residency.
Learn more about the Admission Requirements for the Writing Popular Fiction M.F.A. from Seton Hill University.
As a student in this program, you will learn the business of freelance writing, from establishing your brand name as genre author to finding agents and submitting to book publishers. Seton Hill's Writing Popular Fiction Program also provides training in the teaching of writing as a potential career option (graduates with an M.F.A. are equipped to teach at the postsecondary level), in addition to fostering careers in:
Ready to apply? Apply online now for free!
Learn more about the Writing Popular Fiction M.F.A. from Seton Hill University:
- About the Program
- Letter from the Director
- Admission Requirements
- Student Publishing Success
- Graduate Program Aid
- Collaboration with Edinburgh Napier University
Seton Hill's Writing Popular Fiction Program Sponsored the Academic Conference of the International Vampire Film & Arts Festival in Transylvania
Enjoy photos and comments from Program Director Nicole Peeler's Vampfest experience below.