- Joined Seton Hill
- Aurora, IL
- Contact Info
Nicole Peeler writes urban fantasy novels for Orbit Books, and teaches undergraduate and graduate writing classes at Seton Hill University. Her academic interests include Modern and Postmodern fiction; issues of gender, sexuality, and power; and the pre-ideological development of values. Her teaching interests include Modern fiction, fiction writing, composition, and building author platforms.
- B.A., with Distinction, Boston University (Boston, MA), 2000 [More Information]
- Ph.D., University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland), 2008 [More Information]
- "Vampires, Great Men of Letters, and Me" (2018), Medium [More Information]
- Jinn and Juice (2015), Orbit Books.
- "Borderline Dead," Dead But Not Forgotten (2014).
- Tempest Reborn (2013); Orbit Books
- Tempest's Fury (2012), Orbit Books.
- "Something Wikkid This Way Comes" (2012), Orbit Digital Press.
- “Nearly Finished,” Many Genres One Craft (2011), Headline Books. [More Information]
- Eye of the Tempest (2011), Orbit Books.
- Tempest's Legacy (2010), Orbit Books.
- "The Woman of Ressentiment in When She Was Good." Philip Roth Studies Journal. Volume 6, Number 1, Spring 2010. [More Information]
- Tracking the Tempest (2010), Orbit Books.
- Tempest Rising (2009), Orbit Books.
- RT Book Reviews Reviewer's Choice Award (2013)
- Romance Writers of America
- Science Fiction Writers of America (SFWA) [More Information]
- “When Words Collide—How Creative Writing Programs Address Popular Fiction” (Panelist). AWP 2015. Minneapolis, MN. April 9, 2015.
- “What Belongs in the Romance Canon?” (Panelist). What is Love: Romance Fiction in the Digital Age. Library of Congress, Washington, DC. Feb. 11, 2015.
- “Fragmenting Opportunity.” Coherent Fragments and the “Big Books” of Modernism. MSA 16 (Modernist Studies Association). Pittsburgh, PA, 8/7/2014.
- Distinguished Speaker, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, Lecture on Worldbuilding and Public Reading, Shreveport, LA, 31 Oct 2013.
- “Experiencing the Unexperienced: Theories of Trauma in Derrida and Blanchot.” Reeling in the Years: 30 Years of Film, TV and Popular Culture. Southwest Texas PCA/ACA. Albuquerque, NM. 27 February 2009.