- Joined Seton Hill
- Chambersburg, PA
- Contact Info
Victoria Thompson is the author of the Edgar® and Agatha nominated Gaslight Mystery series. Her twentieth mystery, MURDER IN THE BOWERY, will be released in May 2017. She was nominated for an Edgar Allen Poe Award from Mystery Writers of America in 2001, and in 2012 she received a Career Achievement Award in Mystery Writing from RT Magazine. She has been nominated for an Agatha four consecutive times. She also contributed to the award winning writing textbook MANY GENRES/ONE CRAFT and authored a short story for the anthology, SHERLOCK HOLMES IN AMERICA. In her previous life, Victoria Thompson was the bestselling author of twenty historical romances. She also earned her Master of Fine Arts degree in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University, where she has been a mentor and lecturer since 2000. She had taught in the Continuing Education Department at Penn State University and is also a frequent speaker at writers' conferences across the country. Victoria is a founding member and past president of Novelists, Inc., a national organization of published writers of popular fiction. She is also co-founder and past president of PENNWRITERS, a statewide writers' organization in Pennsylvania. Victoria also served on the board of directors of Romance Writers of America for four years and was co-founder and the first president of New Jersey Romance Writers.
- MFA, Seton Hill University, 2012
- BA, University of Maryland (University Park, MD), 1970
- Mysteries, Berkley Prime Crime: Murder on Amsterdam Avenue (2015) Murder in Murray Hill (2014) Murder in Chelsea ( 2013) Murder on Fifth Avenue (2012) Murder on Sisters’ Row 2011 Murder on Lexington Avenue 2010 Murder on Waverly Place 2009 Murder on Bank Street 2008 Murder in Chinatown 2007 Murder in Little Italy 2006 Murder on Lenox Hill 2005 Murder on Marble Row 2004 Murder on Mulberry Bend 2003 Murder on Washington Square 2002 Murder on Gramercy Park 2001 Murder on St Mark’s Place 2000 Murder on Astor Place 1999 Novellas/Short Stories: “The Minister’s Missing Daughter” Sherlock Holmes in America Ed John L Lellenberg and Daniel Stashower Skyhorse Publishing 2009 Nonfiction: “Ruining Everything: Tips for Plotting a Mystery” Many Genres One Craft Ed Michael A Arnzen and Heidi Ruby Miller Headline Books 2011
- Career Achievement Award, Romantic Times Magazine, 2012
- Agatha Finalist 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Edgar Finalist 2001
- Pennwriters Novelists, Inc. Association of Fundraising Professionals Rotary Club of Chambersburg
- Storytelling for Fun(draising) and Profit, AFP Pittsburgh Chapter Emerging Philanthropy Conference, April, 2013.
- Guest of Honor, Malice Domestic, 2016 [More Information]