- Joined Seton Hill
- Mount Pleasant, PA
- Contact Info
Barbara Miller is a romance, mystery, historical, fantasy and young adult mentor in the Seton Hill University Writing Popular Fiction program. After many years in the technical writing field, Barbara Miller built a career as a writer of Regency-set historicals under the name Laurel Ames. Oddly enough, much of her material is drawn from her experiences with horses and sheep on her farm in Western PA. The series of eleven mysteries from Weavers Old Stand Press also draws heavily on farm memories, as do the four books for younger readers. Barb is Reference Librarian at the Mount Pleasant Free Public Library where she teaches a writing program to teens and runs the book club. She is a long-standing secretary of the Greensburg Writers Group, which assists Ligonier Valley Writers with their programs. Book publications include twelve historical romances for Harlequin and Pocket Books, eleven locally-set mysteries, twelve novels/novellas for Ellora's Cave and three books for eTreasures. She has also published four middle-grade books. Recent releases include Eye Walker and Rolltop Relic.Coming soon: Kelly's Rules.
- M.L.S., University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Information Science
- B.A., University of Pittsburgh College of Arts and Sciences
- Harlequin writing as Laurel Ames: Teller of Tales (1993), Castaway (1993), Homeplace (1994), Playing to Win (1995), Besieged (1995), Tempted (1996), Nancy Whiskey (1997), Infamous (1998). Pocket Books: Dearest Max (2000), My Phillipe (2000), Guardian (2001), Pretender (2002). Weavers Old Stand: Barn Burner (1995), Rendezvous (1996), Relics (1997), Regets (1998), Enough Rope (2000), Dead Air (2005), Proxy Wedding Knight (2005), Painted Lady (2006), Shallow Graves (2007), Georgie and the Lambs (2003), Georgie and the Coyotes (2004), Trill and Flutter (2005), Georgie and the Pack (2007). Cerridwen Press: Music Master (2007), Two Hearts (2008), Country House Christmas (2008), Eye Walker (2009), Governess for a Week (2009), Reluctant Heir (2009), Dreams of Christmas (2009). Viscount for Hire (2011), If Wishes Were Kisses (2011)
- Romance Writers of America RITA Finalist - Castaway (1994). Heart of the West Regency, honorable mention - Dearest Max (1995). RWA Kiss of Death Awards, finalist - Dearest Max (1998). RWA Kiss of Death Awards, fourth - Infamous (1998). RWA Smoky Mountain Contest, third - The Pretender (2001) Colorado Writers Award of Excellence finalist - Dearest Max (2001). RWA Write Touch Readers Award, third - Enough Rope (2001)
- Greensburg Writers Group, Ligonier Valley Writers
- Most Recently "How to Write Ghost Stories," part of the Y Writers' Voice Workshop series being presented at the Ligonier YMCA by the Ligonier Valley Writers and Greensburg Writers Group.
- Stage presentation of original play "Regrets" as one of the winners of the 2009 Pittsburgh New Works Festival. Stage presentation of original play "The Horse We Rode In On" as one of the winners of the 2011 Pittsburgh New Works Festival.
- PUBLICATIONS CONTINUED: Ellora's Cave: Knights Errant (2011), Fortune's Folly (2012), Christmas Bequest (2012), Twelve Days of Christmas (2013), Christmas Fete (2014), Kelly's Rules. eTreasures: Mew (2012), Rolltop Relic (2012), Hometown Christmas Carol (2012). WOS Press: Festival Week (2010), Surface Tension (2012), Impostors (2015). Victory Press: Hometown Flame 2015).