We’ll Move You UP to a Career in Health Care
The Health Science - Pre-Allied Health Program at Seton Hill will prepare you for graduate-level study leading to a career in health care.
In the Health Science Program at Seton Hill You Will:
- Develop an understanding of the medical and scientific principles underlying the practice of health care.
- Acquire a working knowledge of subjects such as human anatomy & physiology, microbiology, genetics and epidemiology needed for entry-level positions or graduate education in health care.
- Gain understanding of political, social, legal and ethical issues and the impact they have on health care practices.
- Identify sociocultural factors that affect health care delivery to diverse populations, with emphasis on racial, ethnic and cultural demographics.
- Experience working in a professional setting.
Learning in the Field
Seton Hill’s Health Science Program will help you decide what type of hands-on experiences will match your personal and career goals best, and then will assist you in obtaining that experience. For example, you may decide to work in a health care setting; participate in scientific research on-campus or clinical research at a medical facility; complete an internship; write a literature review that focuses on a current issue in health care; or volunteer for a medical trip abroad.