Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Applicants seeking admission to Seton Hill University are reviewed once the appropriate documents have been received. Each application is reviewed to determine whether the applicant’s academic background provides sufficient evidence of readiness for the rigors of college studies. Balanced consideration is given to all aspects of each applicant’s college preparation.
University Statement on Peaceful Protest
Seton Hill University's mission as a Catholic, Setonian university fosters civil discourse and supports peaceful protest on issues that promote the sanctity of human life and the dignity of every person. As we educate students committed to transforming the world, Seton Hill admissions decisions for applicants and accepted students will not be affected by disciplinary action taken by schools that result from a student's participation in peaceful, responsible and lawful demonstrations.
To apply to Seton Hill University as a traditional undergraduate student, you will need:
- A completed application form. Apply Online Now!
- An official secondary-school transcript or GED certificate.
- The official final high school transcript, indicating proof of graduation must be submitted before a student is able to attend classes.
- Official score reports from either the SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) or the ACT test (American College Testing Program). (Information about Test Optional alternative.)
- An essay of 200 words or more on why you would like to earn a degree at Seton Hill.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor or one recommendation form. Additional recommendations are welcome and may represent other sources.
Transfer students will need:
- A completed application (apply online now for free!)
- Official college transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Proof of high school graduation (required if transferring in less than 25 credits).
- High school transcript (required if transferring in less than 25 credits).
- SAT/ACT scores (required if transferring in less than 25 credits).
In addition to the general requirements listed above, international students must provide:
- A transcript evaluation from the World Education Services (WES).
- Proof of English proficiency - See requirements.
Some undergraduate majors have program-specific admission requirements (such as a personal interview or audition requirement, for instance.) Take a look at the academic program pages to find out if the major(s) in which you are interested have additional admission requirements.
Seton Hill has a rolling admissions policy. We review applications throughout the year and will provide you with an admission decision shortly after receiving your completed application (which includes all supporting documentation).
How to Submit Information
Any information that is not submitted online can be sent to us via:
Fax: (724) 830-1294
Mail: Seton Hill University
Office of Admissions
1 Seton Hill Drive
Greensburg, PA 15601