Ja'Nean Reay Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biology
- Joined Seton Hill
- Greensburg, PA
- Contact Info
- B.S., Biology, B.A., Chemistry, Seton Hill University
- Ph.D., Molecular Virology and Microbiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Ja’Nean Reay, Andrea Gambotto and Paul D. Robbins. The Anti-tumor Effects of Adenoviral-Mediated, Intra-tumoral delivery of Interleukin 23 require Endogenous IL-12. Cancer Gene Therapy 2012 19: 135-43; advance online publication: Dec 9, 2011.
- Daniel P. Reay, Gabriela Niizawa, Jon F. Watchko, Molly Daood, Ja’Nean C. Reay, Eugene Raggi, Paula R. Clemens. Addition of peptide therapy to inhibit NF-?B activation to AAV serotype 9 minidystrophin gene transfer to treat muscular dystrophy in mdx mice. Molecular Medicine 2012 18: 466-76. Advance online publication: Jan 5, 2012.
- Sarah Turner, Ja’Nean Reay and Mietzner, T.A. (2010) NDM-1—The Newest Recruit to the Army of beta-lactamases. Published online in Antimicrobe.org, (editor, Yu, V.)
- Ja’Nean Reay, Seon-Hee Kim, Euan Lockhart, Jay Kolls and Paul D. Robbins. Adenoviral Mediated, Intra-Tumor Gene Transfer of Interleukin 23 Induces a Therapeutic Anti-tumor Response. Cancer Gene Therapy 2009 16: 776-785; advance online publication: Apr 24, 2009.
- American Society for Microbiology, National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions
- Cicala, D. and Reay, J. "How Do We Question Science?" Seton Hill Honors Capstone Symposium (Greensburg, PA), April 2023.
- Levkulic, G and Reay, J. "The Effects of Toothpaste on Growth on Bacteria Found in the Oral Cavity" Seton Hill University Celebration of Scholarship (Greensburg, PA), April 2023.
- Varner, E. and Reay, J. "Effects of Disinfectants and Antiseptics and Microbial Populations in the University" Seton Hill University Honors Capstone Symposium (Greensburg, PA), November 2022.
- Walls, C. and Reay, J. "The Importance of Dental Health Care Access" Seton Hill University Honors Symposium (Greensburg, PA), April 2022
- Sheffler, W. and Reay, J. "Health Care Literacy: Considerations for Future Clinicians". Seton Hill University Honors Symposium (Greensburg, PA), April 2022.
- Jolly, J. and Reay, J. "Factual Superstition or Generational Farce: The Antimicrobial Efficacy of Foods." Seton Hill University Research Conference (Greensburg, PA), April 2022
- Reay, J. "Catholic Social Teachings in Microbiology". Allegheny Branch of the American Society for Microbiology Teaching Conference (Pittsburgh, PA), April 2021
- Forsaglio, J. and Reay, J. "To Vax or Not to Vax: that is the question... we do not need to ask". Seton Hill University Pandemic Talks Series (Greensburg, PA), February 2021
- Keynote Speaker, Women in Science Day, Seton Hill University (2017)
- “Anti-tumor activities of IL-12 and IL-23 are mediated by similar, yet divergent, effector mechanisms.” Ja’Nean C. Ceidro, Euan Lockhart, Seon-Hee Kim, Paul D. Robbins, American Society of Gene Therapy, 9th annual meeting, Washington, D.C. (2006)
- “Determining the importance of CAR and integrins avß3 and avß5 in adenoviral infection of muscle cells.” Laura R. Goldberg, Ja’Nean C. Ceidro, Roberto Bilbao, Thomas J. Wickham and Paula R. Clemens, American Society of Gene Therapy, 5th annual meeting, Boston, MA (2002)