Earn Your Bachelor’s at Seton Hill & Your Doctor of Audiology Degree at Salus University
Audiologists are health professionals who diagnose and treat hearing loss and related disorders, including balance disorders and tinnitus (ringing in the ears). Some specialize in working with children.
Seton Hill University’s articulation agreement with Salus University makes it easier for you to earn your undergraduate degree in audiology and then move right into doctoral work at the Salus University College of Audiology.
Careers in Audiology
While most audiologists work in healthcare facilities such as hospitals, physician’s offices and audiology clinics, some are employed in other areas, such as education. The job outlook for audiologists is quite good. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates it will continue to grow faster than average, at a rate of 29% through 2024. In 2015, the median annual wage for audiologists was $74,890.
Start at Seton Hill, Finish Up at Salus University
Seton Hill’s agreement with Salus University’s College of Audiology is composed of two phases.
Phase I –Bachelor of Science Degree in Audiology-Health Science at Seton Hill.
Once you have applied and been accepted into the Audiology-Health Science Program at Seton Hill, Salus University will be notified.
To successfully complete Phase I of the Program, you must:
- Complete all academic requirements for the bachelor’s degree at Seton Hill.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- All Salus University prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of B or above.
- Submit a completed application to the Communication Science and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS)
- Complete the GRE with a minimum quantitative score of 150, a minimum verbal score of 150, and a minimum analytical writing score of 4.0. Score results should not be more than three years old.
- Shadow a practicing audiologist for a minimum of 25 hours.
- Interview with the Salus Osborne College of Audiology and Office of Admissions.
In addition to your Seton Hill advisors, representatives from Salus University will communicate with you as you advance through Phase I to help you stay on track.
Phase II – Doctor of Audiology Degree at Salus University
After successfully completing Phase I, you must:
- Apply to the Doctor of Audiology Program at Salus University. (Salus will reserve two seats in each class of the Doctor of Audiology Program for Seton Hill University Audiology Program graduates.)
- Complete all academic requirements for the doctor of audiology degree at Salus University.