Natural & Health Sciences Research & Internships
Recent Seton Hill Faculty Research with Students
- Dr. Jessica Brzyski (Biology, Genetics) - The genetic, biological, and ecological effects to plant rarity.
- Dr. Jamie Fornsaglio (Cell Physiology, Genetics) - The impact of chemical exposure on animal cells.
- Dr. Bobbie Leeper (Forensic Anthropology) - The best ways to remove soft tissue from bones and how this method affects the bones.
- Dr. Ashley Bartelson (Chemistry) - Development of green methods for the oxidation of organic compounds.
- Dr. Jonathan Moerdyk (Chemistry) Reactivity of a unique class of organic (carbon-based) compounds that mimic the properties of metal catalysts. This is important to many industries.
- Dr. Diane Miller (Chemistry) - Determines the molecular properties of various molecules using UV-vis, fluorescent and/or Raman spectroscopies.
- Dr. Diana Hoover (Chemistry & Forensic Science)
- Barbara Flowers (Forensic Science)
Recent Student Internships/Research
- GlaxoSmithKline US research center in Collegeville, PA. - Protein biochemistry internship with the Protein, Cellular & Structural Sciences department, Summer 2017
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) at the University of Cincinnati Summer 2017
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) at University of Maine, Sustainable Forestry Bioproducts Research Institute, Summer 2017
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) at Penn State University Chemistry Program, Summer 2017
- (Chemical Engineering) Internship with ABB, Summer 2017
- (Forensic Science) Westmoreland County Coroner’s Office, Summer 2017
- Conemaugh Hospital System, Mentoring in Medicine Summer Internship, Summer 2017
- Biochemistry Laboratory Intern, Cancer Care Associates of York, Summer 2017
- (Forensic Science) Internship with the Detroit Police Department, Summer 2017
- (Forensic Science) Internship with Monroe County, FL Sheriff’s Department, Summer 2017
- (Chemistry & Forensic Science) FBI Honors Internship, Summer 2017
- MedCare Equipment Co, LLC
- Jenzabar Internship
- UPMC Horizon
- Excela Health
- UPMC Shadyside
- Innate Fitness
- Australian Football Club of Perth, Australia
- Excela Athletic Training
Nutrition & Dietetics
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Food & Nutrition Service
- Head Start
- The Intersection
- Westmoreland County Food Bank
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- School Districts
- Community Outreach Organizations