Criminal Justice (B.A.) - Online
Criminal Justice (B.A.) - Online
At Seton Hill University, you’ll prepare for tomorrow’s careers in criminal justice through a unique mix of forensic science, criminology, sociology, psychology and experiential learning. As an Online Bachelor's Degree Program student, you will earn your degree completely online - with courses and scheduling designed just for busy adults.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
Why Choose Seton Hill?
By earning your criminal justice degree through the Online Bachelor's Degree Program at Seton Hill, you can:
- Learn how to use forensic science in investigations.
- Gain practical experience in the criminal justice field before you graduate through in-depth, semester-long community projects and intensive, supported internships in the field.
- Take courses and complete assignments when it is convenient for you.
- Finish your degree fast with accelerated 8-week sessions.
- Connect online through discussion groups with fellow adult learners, faculty and experts in the field of criminal justice.
- Enjoy personalized academic and career advising: online or in-person.
- Easily transfer credits you may have earned at other schools.
- Enjoy participation in student clubs and organizations like the Criminal Justice Club and Pi Gamma Nu, the Seton Hill Chapter of Alpha Phi Sigma, the national Criminal Justice Honor Society.
- Take advantage of student access to Seton Hill campus facilities - including dining & fitness.
- Earn an MBA quicker and for less money. Through Seton Hill’s FastForward Bachelor’s to MBA Program, you can earn both a bachelor’s degree and an MBA in only five years!
Police Training Track
As a criminal justice major at Seton Hill, you have the unique opportunity to also receive Municipal Police Officers' Basic Training - as required by Act 120 for all municipal police officers - while you earn your bachelor’s degree.
Through a partnership with Westmoreland County Community College (WCCC), Seton Hill criminal justice majors can be considered for acceptance to the Municipal Police Officers’ Education and Training Commission Basic Training Program (MPOETC) held at WCCC.
Interested students will need to receive permission from Seton Hill’s Criminal Justice Program Director prior to applying to the WCCC Basic Training Program. The Basic Training Program can be completed on a full-time (approximately 6 months) or part-time (approximately 10 months) basis. The academy will count towards up to 18 credit hours at Seton Hill University.
Upon successful completion of MPOETC (completion of the academy and passing the certification examination), you will be eligible for certification and will be certified when employed by a municipal police department.
Criminal justice faculty at Seton Hill are noted professors and also experienced professionals in the fields of forensic science, psychology, criminology, sociology, human services and behavioral health. Topics of specific expertise include DNA analysis, jury decision making, drug and alcohol abuse, domestic and gender-based violence, recidivism in the juvenile court system, research design and data analysis.
An Affordable Education
Online Bachelor's Degree Program students are eligible for:
- Discounted Tuition
- Employer Discounts
- Financial Aid
- Employer Reimbursement
- Military Benefits
- College Credit for Life Experience
Your Career in Criminal Justice
Career opportunities for graduates with this degree are diverse and come with a range of competitive salaries. They include:
- Law Enforcement: Local, State & Federal
- Legal System
- Probation & Parole
- Court System: State & Federal
- Private Security
- Private Investigations
- Social & Community Services
Seton Hill’s Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) will work with you, your professors, and local, regional and national employers to provide you with the career preparation skills, internship opportunities and job identification services you need to keep moving up.
Ready to Take Your Next Step Forward?
You can apply online for free any time.