Account for Your Future
Every successful business must include talented accounting professionals, which is why this career field continues to grow. Today, accountants have more influence on business decisions than ever before. Plus, growing specialties – like forensic accounting – are adding new dimensions to what you can do with a degree in accounting.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
Why Choose Seton Hill?
In the Accounting Program at Seton Hill, you can:
- Complete the coursework necessary to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination in Pennsylvania (as well as the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exams).
- Gain hands-on accounting experience through a comprehensive, supervised internship, such as the one Seton Hill offers through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program supervised by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Earn an MBA quicker and for less money. Through Seton Hill’s FastForward Bachelor’s to MBA Program, you can earn both a bachelor’s degree and an MBA in accounting in five years.
Your Career in Accounting
Accountants and auditors work in a strong field with continued predicted growth, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. In 2016, the median annual pay topped $68,000. Seton Hill’s Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) will work with you, your professors, and local, regional and national employers to provide you with the career preparation skills, internship opportunities and placement services you need to keep moving up.
Accounting professors at Seton Hill have practical experience in a variety of fields, including public, nonprofit, manufacturing, finance & retail accounting.
The Wukich Center & Accounting Society
- The Wukich Center for Entrepreneurial Opportunities (Wukich CEO) provides specialized support for students interested in owning a business.
- The Accounting Society is a student club open to all accounting majors and others with an interest in accounting information and technology.