RN to BSN
RN to BSN
You know you are a dedicated nurse. Now, you’re ready to move your ability to serve patients, your career prospects and your earning potential forward. A BSN from Seton Hill University will get you from where you are now to where you deserve to be.
Tuition Discount Just for Working RNs!
If you are currently working as an RN for one of our Employer Discount Partners, you can receive an additional 10% off our already discounted tuition rate! This discount is available for new students (beginning classes in January 2022 or later) and will stay in place throughout your time at Seton Hill.
Start Moving Forward Today
Give us a little bit of information about yourself and we'll get information to you right away.
Why a BSN is Important
- According to a joint statement of professional nursing organizations, including the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, “without a more educated nursing workforce, the nation’s health will be further at risk.”
- Many hospitals and healthcare organizations now require a BSN as a minimum educational requirement.
- Nurses holding a BSN are eligible for higher-paying management roles and nursing specializations.
Earn Your BSN at Seton Hill in 12 - 18 Months
Online or On Campus
Your BSN can be completed online, with only 60 hours of practice experience activities required. Online courses are taken in 8-week sessions. This program has 6 start dates every year. If you choose to take some courses on campus, many liberal arts and science courses are offered in a traditional classroom setting. Flexible full-time and part-time options are available. You can work as a licensed RN while earning your BSN degree.
Seton Hill awards you 33 credits for having earned your RN license. You can also transfer in up to 90 credits overall. We will be happy to take a look at the academic credits you've already earned and give you an unofficial estimate of what will transfer. If you're currently enrolled in another school and plan to transfer in the future, we can help you choose the courses at your current school that will have the best chance of being accepted at Seton Hill.
Already Have Your RN License & a Bachelor's Degree?
If the BSN will be your second bachelor's, you may be able to earn it by only taking 30 credits!
Credit for Life Experience
In addition to the 33 credits awarded for your RN, Seton Hill offers you the chance to earn credits for knowledge gained through life experiences and military service through:
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) - This is a nationally recognized series of examinations which allow the student to demonstrate knowledge acquired in a non-college setting.
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) - A series of technical and non-technical exams developed by the Armed Services.
The Daniel J. Wukich School of Nursing at Seton Hill
At Seton Hill's Daniel J. Wukich School of Nursing you will enjoy:
- A comprehensive, personalized learning experience
- Faculty with nursing and healthcare backgrounds who are dedicated to your success
- Top-notch academic, clinical and research facilities, including the Boyle Health Sciences Center
- A focus on evidence-based care, which develops personalized patient treatment plans based on:
- scientific evidence
- the caregiver’s professional expertise
- the patient’s needs and values
Online & In-Person Support for Busy Adults
At Seton Hill, you’ll benefit from advising, courses and resources designed to support students who are balancing the demands of college, family, careers and finances. We'll provide you with the software and technical support you'll need to learn online. Plus, you can still enjoy all the same benefits as on-campus learners, including online or on-campus:
- academic advising
- access to the library
- tutoring, math and writing assistance
- counseling and wellness services
You can also dine on campus, use the campus fitness areas and take advantage of student discounts at local businesses and restaurants.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the 2019 median salary for a nurse with a BSN was $73,300. Seton Hill's nationally-recognized Career and Professional Development Center at Seton Hill will help you find, and prepare for, career opportunities. The resources of this Center are a lifetime benefit for all Seton Hill alumni.
Partnerships You Can Depend On
Seton Hill’s programs in the health sciences are recognized nationally. As a result, we have partnerships with many local and regional hospitals and healthcare providers. We also maintain agreements with nursing schools and community colleges that will allow you to move easily from an RN program into the RN to BSN at Seton Hill.
As a student in Seton Hill's RN to BSN Program, you will pay a reduced rate of $450 per credit. (If you work for one of our Employer Partners, you may qualify for an additional discount of 10%!)
We'll also help you find and claim financial assistance. Aid for the RN to BSN program can take the form of:
- Employer reimbursement (and we’ll defer your payments to help sync them up with your employer’s reimbursement schedule)
- Federal & State Grants
- Federal & Alternative Loans
- Military Benefits
- Private Scholarships
The Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing Program at Seton Hill University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (www.ccneaccreditation.org).