Taking Online Classes at Seton Hill
From the Hill to Wherever You Are
Taking online classes as a Seton Hill graduate or Adult Degree Program student is easy.
What You Will Need
Consistent access to a reliable computer with Internet access.*
What We Will Provide
- Email: Your own Gmail account, which includes Google calendar.
- Computer Training & Technical Support: Once you are enrolled in classes, we’ll show you how to access and use the software and online services we provide. You will always have access to technical assistance through Seton Hill’s Information Technology Solution Center, which can be reached online, by phone, by email or through Twitter.
- Google Drive: You will have unlimited cloud storage for course notes, projects and presentations through your Seton Hill Google Drive. You will also have access to Google Documents (for writing papers), Google Sheets (for keeping track of things in spreadsheets) and Google Slides (for creating visual presentations). Google Drive also makes it easy to collaborate on projects with your classmates and faculty.
- Microsoft 365: Word, Powerpoint and Excel. (The majority of your courses will require assignments to be completed using these programs.)
- Canvas: The system you’ll use to take online courses, with its own 24/7 technical support. (You can find additional information on Canvas and online course requirements here.)
- Access to MySHU: Seton Hill’s intranet, MySHU, will give you 24/7 secure online access to courses, professors, classmates, support services, administrative offices, Seton Hill news, dining services, career services and so much more.
* Due to the significant tuition discount provided through the Adult Degree Program a laptop and/or iPad is not provided for Adult Degree Program courses. However, Seton Hill does provide software and computer support (see above). Participation in the Mobile Learning Program varies among graduate degree programs. Visit Mobile Learning at the Hill to find out more.