Coronavirus Important Updates

Certification in Pennsylvania & Other States

Seton Hill's teacher certification program is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for certification preparation. Students who secure the recommendation for certification by an approved college or university have met all the requirements of the approved preparation program and the State Board of Education, and have passed all state-required exams. 

Pennsylvania has signed an Interstate Certification Agreement with other states/jurisdictions, which makes it easier for you use your Pennsylvania certification to teach elsewhere. For more information, visit

Certification As An Undergraduate Student

As an undergraduate student at Seton Hill, you can complete the academic requirements for a teaching certification in a specific content area at the same time you complete your undergraduate degree in a field of your choice.

The Bachelor of Arts degree program in elementary education with special education allows you to complete the academic requirements for two teaching certifications (Pre K-4) and special education (Pre K-8) while you are earning your degree in elementary and special education.

The Elementary/Middle Level/Special Education Program is a combined bachelor's degree/master's degree program that also includes preparation for three teaching certifications: Pre K-4, 4-8 and special education Pre K-8.

Earn Your Undergraduate Degree & Master's at Seton Hill in Less Time

Through our FastForward Education Programs, undergraduates in any of the 7-12 or or K-12 teacher certification programs can also transition seamlessly (and for less money) into Seton Hill's graduate education programs.

Certification As A Postbaccalaureate or Graduate Student

Postbaccalaureate Students

If you already have an undergraduate degree and are interested in completing the requirements for the certification, you can do that here as well.

Graduate Students

Some of our graduate programs in education include the ability to earn teacher's certification while earning your degree.