The Department of Education
At Seton Hill, we’ve been preparing educators for more than a century. Today, our education faculty continue to combine classroom experience at all levels with an unmatched dedication to preparing tomorrow’s teachers. As a result, Seton Hill’s Education Department provides current and future teachers with the skills and strategies they need to meet the needs of all students.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
At Seton Hill, you can fulfill the academic requirements for teaching certification:
- while earning an undergraduate degree
- as a postbaccalaureate student, if you already have a bachelor's degree & aren't interested in a graduate degree
- while earning a graduate degree
Trying to Decide on a Graduate Degree in Education?
Act 48 Continuing Education Credits
If you are already a certified teacher in Pennsylvania, you may be able to have some of your graduate degree credits count toward your Act 48 requirements.
Your Career in Education
As an Apple Distinguished School, Seton Hill will provide you with the experience and skills needed to succeed in today’s technology-driven learning environments. Plus, our focus on developing educators with the ability to work effectively with students having a wide variety of learning styles, challenges and gifts will prepare you perfectly for a career in education. Seton Hill’s award-winning Career and Professional Development Center will help you plan your career and find the best internships and experiential learning opportunities.
As a student in the Education Department at Seton Hill you will enjoy learning from faculty with both academic and classroom experience. Your faculty advisor will assist you with everything from choosing courses to deciding on a career path or graduate school.
Child Development Center
Seton Hill University’s Child Development Center is a preschool for children ages three to five. Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, the Center is under the direction of Seton Hill’s School of Education and Applied Social Sciences. As a student in the Education Department the Child Development Center can provide you with the opportunity to observe, work and learn in an accredited early childhood environment.
Undergraduate Degrees & Teaching Certifications
- Biology - Education (7-12 Teaching Certification)
- Business, Computer & Information Technology - Education (K-12 Teaching Certification)
- Chemistry - Education (7-12 Teaching Certification)
- Computer Science - Education (7-12 Teaching Certification)
- Educational Studies (B.A.)
- Elementary Education (Pre K - 4) with Special Education (Pre K - 12) (B.A.)
- English - Education (7-12 Teaching Certification)
- French - Education (K-12 Teaching Certification)
- Mathematics - Education (7-12 Teaching Certification)
- Social Studies - Education (7-12 Teaching Certification)
- Spanish - Education (K-12 Teaching Certification)
- Teaching (Certificate)