Minimum Admission Requirements
(All materials to be submitted to PassWeb.org.)
- D.D.S./D.M.D. or equivalent with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Official transcripts.
- State board licensure eligibility.
- U.S. National Board scores Part I & Part II (if available).
- GRE scores (Seton Hill school code: RA2812).
- Three letters of recommendation from dental school faculty or administration, or professional colleagues who can attest to the character and background of the applicant.
- Autobiographical statement addressing goals and purpose.
- If you are not licensed in the state of Pennsylvania you will need to complete the Act 160 form. (Upon acceptance.)
Candidates may apply to Seton Hill's Orthodontics Program before they have completed their dental degree. If accepted, applicants are expected to successfully complete their remaining prerequisite courses in their dental school and the dental degree, prior to entry into the Orthodontics Program. Applicants must meet all conditions of acceptance to matriculate into the Orthodontics Program.
Applicants must apply online at PassWeb.org.
Candidates' applications will be initially screened by the program director. From the applicant pool, approximately 30 candidates will be invited for a one-day interview. The faculty admissions committee, which is composed of the program director and orthodontic clinical faculty, will interview the applicants. Candidates are then selected for admission based on the results of their interview and a holistic review of all materials submitted.
The Seton Hill Orthodontics Program currently accepts students who have graduated from an accredited dental school in the U.S. or Canada.
All applicants will be evaluated on the uniqueness of their candidacy and the potential benefits that each candidate can bring to the program.
We accept all materials requested through the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS). A candidate is welcome to submit any supplemental materials that he or she feels will increase the strength of his or her application to:
Orthodontic Business Manager
Seton Hill University Center for Orthodontics
2900 Seminary Dr.
Greensburg, PA 15601