Thomas Zullo PhD
- Joined Seton Hill
- Verona, PA
- Contact Info
- (412) 798-8112
I have spent my entire academic career primarily in the field of dental education. At the University of Pittsburgh,where I spent 30 years on the faculty, my primary appointment was in the School of Dental Medicine with secondary appointments in the Schools of Nursing and Education. I worked extensively with graduate students directing the design and analysis of thesis and dissertation studies and I continue this activity at Seton Hill. My classroom teaching involved courses in statistics and research design.
While at the University of Pittsburgh I was also quite active in the field of research, being involved in federally funded research grants for more than 20 years.
- B.Ed., Duquesne University, 1961 M. Ed. Duquesne University, 1963 Ph. D. University of Pittsburgh, 1969
- Williams RP, Rinchuse DJ, Zullo TG. Perceptions of midline deviations among different facial types. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. 145: 249-55, 2014.
- Gartner-Schmidt JL, Shembel AC, Zullo TG, Rosen CA. Development and Validation of the Dyspnea Index (DI): A Severity Index for Upper Airway-Related Dyspnea. Journal of Voice: 28:775-782, 2014.
- Hopkins, KG, Hoffman, LA, De Vito Dabbs, A, Ferson, PF, King, L, Dudjak, LA, Zullo, TG, Rosenzweig, MQ. Postthoracotomy Pain Syndrome Following Surgery for Lung Cancer: Symptoms and Impact on Quality of Life. J Adv Pract Oncol. 2015;6:121–132, 2015.
- Katrancha, ED, Hoffman, LA, Zullo, TG, Tuite, PK, Garand, L. Effects of a video guided T'ai Chi group intervention on center of balance and falls efficacy: a pilot study. Geriatric Nursing. 36: 9 – 14, 2015.
- Bowen TB, Rinchuse, DJ, Zullo TG. The influence of text messaging on oral hygiene effectiveness. The Angle Orthodontist. 85: 543-548, 2015.
- Bui KK, Rinchuse DJ, Zullo TG, Cozzani M. Perception of Facial Attractiveness Following Modification of the Nose and Teeth. International Orthodontics. 18: 1-15, 2015.
- Martins MB, Rinchuse DJ, Busch LS, Farrow AL, Zullo T. Current perception of optimal lip protrusion among African American laypersons. Orthodontic Practice. 6: 48-51, 2015.
- Sweeney WJ, Rinchuse Da, Rinchuse, Do, Zullo T, King B. Patient Perceptions of Speech, Discomfort and Salivary Flow While Wearing Invisalign Aligners. Orthodontic Practice. 7: 44 – 48, 2016.
- Schroeder DL, Hoffman LA, Fioravanti M, Medley DP, Zullo TG, Tuite PK. Enhancing Nurses' Pain Assessment to Improve Patient Satisfaction. Orthopedic Nursing. 35:108 – 117, 2016.
- Klinic H, Rinchuse DJ, Zullo T. The perception of orthodontists and laypeople on the esthetics of teeth treated with Icon® resin infiltration, for the resolution of white spot lesions after the removal of fixed orthodontic appliances. Orthodontic Practice. 8: 34-40, 2017.
- Murdoch AM, Rinchuse, D, Zullo T, DiBagno D. A Survey of Orthodontists’ Perceptions of Smile Esthetics. Orthodontic Practice. 9: 20-28, 2018.
- Patterson R, Rinchuse D, Zullo T, Busch L, Youn K. Adult Perceptions of Orthodontic Appliances. Orthodontic Practice. 9: 72-80, 2018.