- Joined Seton Hill
- Allison Park, PA
- Contact Info
Lisa Leibering is a theatrical designer, puppeteer, and teaching artist with more than 30 years of professional experience. She is the Assistant Professor for Costume Design and Technology and Costume Shop Supervisor at Seton Hill University. As the Manager of School and Community Programs for the Education Department of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, her work focused on arts integration residencies and professional development events for educators and teaching artists. Throughout her career, she has taught in a variety of settings, including public/private schools, correctional institutions, universities, and community centers. She also has an active career as an artist, with some of her notable production credits including, serving as production designer for Pittsburgh Shakespeare in the Parks for more than 10 years, designing and constructing Weber State University’s touring production of Peter Rabbit, creating the original mascot for the NFL’s Carolina Panthers, and serving as Resident designer and costume shop manager for the Children’s Theatre of Charlotte. Lisa holds a BFA in Puppetry/Children’s Theatre from West Virginia University, a MA in Theatre for Youth from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and a MA in Theatre from the University of Pittsburgh.
- BFA, West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV), 1992
- MA, University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI), 2007
- MA, University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA), 2014
- “Multi-Modal Stories: LIS Students Explore Reading, Literacy, and Library Service Through the Lens of ‘The 39 Clues.’“ Journal of Library and Information Science Education. (Spring, 2012). Bowler, L., Morris, R., Al-Issa, R., Cheng, I., Romine, B. and Leibering, L.
- Engaging Audiences: A Cognitive Approach to Spectating in the Theatre, Index. NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2008. McConachie, Bruce.
- West Virginia University - Honors Scholar (1988- 1992)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison - Fredric March Scholarship for Outstanding Graduate Student (2006)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison - Artsbridge Scholar (2006)
- International Performing Arts for Youth - Jim Rye Scholar (2010)
- University of Pittsburgh - School of Arts and Science Dean's Summer Fellowship (2011)
- American Alliance for Theatre Education - Don and Elizabeth Doyle Fellowship Special Recognition (2012)
- IATSE Local 787 Wardrobe Union
- Goldbogen, T and Leibering, L. "Mind-full Designs for TYA Touring Productions". AATE National Conference (New York, NY) 2009
- "Deepening Learning Through Arts Integration". PAMLE SE Regional Conference (Springfield, PA) 2015
- Goldgogen, J, Goldbogen, T and Leibering, L. "The Whale Project". Annual Arts Integration Conference at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) 2015
- "Introduction to Arts Integration". Robert Morris Educators Conference (Pittsburgh, PA) 2016
- " STEAM and PBL a Dream Team for Learning!" . Young Audiences National Conference (Tampa, FL) 2016.
- " Arts Integration & College/Career Readiness". Allegheny Partner for Out of School Time Fall Conference (Pittsburgh, PA) 2016.
- Brenholtz, M and Leibering, L. " The Arts & Partnerships: Teaching Artists". Regional Arts Day hosted by the Arts Education Collaborative (Pittsburgh, PA) 2016.
- Goldbogan, T, Goldbogen, J, and Leibering, L. " The Whale Project, Part 2". Annual Arts Integration Conference at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) 2017
- "Fun with Fibers: Intro to 3-D Felting". PA Art Education Association (Pittsburgh, PA) 2017
- "Visualizing the Voice through Tableau". Mid-Atlantic Conference on Personalized Learning (Pittsburgh, PA) 2018.
- "Getting Hands-On with SEL". Annual Arts Integration Conference at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) February 2019.
- "Fun with Fibers". Regional Arts Education Day hosted by the Arts Education Collaborative (Pittsburgh, PA), January 2019.
- "Building SEL Through Fiber Arts". Annual Arts Integration Conference at Weber State University. (Ogden, UT), February 2020
- Coleman, R and Leibering, L "Putting the Focus o Photo Essays". Mid-Atlantic Teaching Artists Virtual Retreat. (virtual) August 2020