Kim Pennesi MEd
Writing Center Director / Adjunct Faculty, First Year Writing
- Joined Seton Hill
- Latrobe, PA
- Contact Info
- (724) 830-4795
- MEd, Technologies Enhanced Learning, Seton Hill University
- BA, English-Creative Writing/Journalism, Seton Hill University
- SHU Liberal Arts Teaching award
- SHU employee recognition award for Openness - May 2003
- Association for Writing Across the Curriculum
- International Writing Centers Association
- Mid-Atlantic Writing Centers Association
- East Central Writing Centers Association
- Pennesi, K. & Wierszewski, E. (August 2021). "Taking Small Steps Toward Big Change: A Grassroots WAC Effort." International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference. Online.
- Pennesi, K. & Wierszewski, E. (January 2020). "Building Bridges for Transfer." Hempfield Area Senior High School, Greensburg, PA.
- Wierszewski, E., Chambers, L., Henry, L., Cusick, C., Jerz, D., Patterson, L., Pennesi, K., & VonSchlicten, D. (March 2019). "Creativity, Critique & Citizenship: Performance-Based Approaches to Teaching First-Year Composition.” Conference on College Composition & Communication (CCCC) Annual Convention, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Niles, C., Stebbins, K., & Pennesi, K. (March 2018). “Hazard Yet Forward: The Personal and Professional Benefits of Reflection for All Writing Center Staff.” East Central Writing Centers Association Annual Conference, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- Pennesi, K., & Buhot Runquist, B. (November 2017). "Building Bridges: Forming Writing Center/Campus Partnerships to Assist Students." 50th Annual College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) National Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Pennesi, K., Tantlinger, S. & Patterson, L. (October 2015). “Deliberate Collaboration: How Writing Centers, Interns, and Writing Faculty can Change the World (or at least the University).” International Writing Centers Association Annual Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Pennesi, K., Tantlinger, S., & Matejcic, M. (April 2015). “We All Write, Right? Supporting Writers in All Disciplines.” Mid-Atlantic Writing Centers Association Annual Conference, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA.
- Pennesi, K., & Snyder, K. (April 2014). “Writing in the Next Generation: Supporting Multimodal Compositions in the Writing Center.” Mid-Atlantic Writing Centers Association Annual Conference, Salisbury University, Salisbury, MD.
- Wierszewski, E., Cusick, C., McClain, L., & Pennesi, K. (July 2013). “Using iPads for Comma Drills? Technology and Normalcy in Basic Writing Pedagogy.” Council of Writing Program Administrators Annual Conference, Savannah, GA.
- McClain, L. & Pennesi, K. (February 2013). “Using Mobile Technology to Motivate Basic Writers.” National Association for Developmental Education Annual Conference, Denver, CO.
- Rush, J., Hillman, K., Farrell, T., & Pennesi, K. (March 2012). “Changing Perceptions, Changing Realities.” Mid-Atlantic Writing Centers Association Annual Conference, S University, Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, PA.
- Patterson, L., & Pennesi, K. (March 2008). “Let Them Do Research! Two Uncommon Approaches to Teaching Research in a First-Year Writing Course.” Conference on College Compositions and Communication (CCCC) Annual Convention, Chicago, IL.
- Conference Coordinator of 26th annual East Central Writing Centers Association annual conference hosted at Seton Hill University, Greensburg, PA - April 2004