Associate Professor of Musical Theatre and Theatre
- Joined Seton Hill
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Contact Info
As an actor, singer, music director, and composer, Joseph works across the country and especially in Pittsburgh with a number of respected regional theaters. His passion for acting and music pedagogy began with his training at Carnegie Mellon University and the New Actors Workshop, and developed through his teaching in theater schools and universities in New York and Pittsburgh. He has written the children's musicals THE NEXT GALILEO and BEYOND THE MOON, which both recently toured with Pittsburgh CLO's Gallery of Heroes program.
- M.M. in Music Technology: Electronic Composition, Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA), 2014
- B.F.A. in Vocal Performance, Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA), 1996
- B.F.A. in Music Composition (minor: conducting), Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA), 1996
- Diploma from Two-Year Professional Actor Training Program, New Actors Workshop (New York, NY), 1999
- Actors Equity Association
- Dramatists Guild
- Performances as an actor with Pittsburgh CLO (21 productions), Pittsburgh Public Theater, The Acting Company (2001 Off-Broadway and National Tour), Pittsburgh Irish and Classical Theatre, Unseam'd Shakespeare Co. (Pittsburgh, PA), and Mountain Playhouse (Jennerstown, PA).
- Music direction with Sundance Theatre Lab (Utah), The Acting Company (New York), Pittsburgh Musical Theater (Pittsburgh), Playwrights Horizons Theatre School (New York), and several colleges, theater schools, and high schools in the greater Pittsburgh area.
- Original songs and compositions premiered by the Benedum Orchestra (Gene Kelly Awards), Carnegie Mellon Orchestra, CMU Contemporary Ensemble, and Act One Theatre School. Incidental music composed for several Pittsburgh area productions and theater schools.