- Joined Seton Hill
- Harrison City
- Contact Info
Dr. B is a native of the Pittsburgh area who earned his PhD in Mathematics answering questions related to the typical movement of particles in the universe. By looking at particle movement as derivatives of certain random functions, he was able to develop research into the common theoretical processes of acceleration and velocity. Dr. B promotes mathematics as the "study of the patterns of the universe", and encourages excellence in mathematics. As a Christian and Follower of Christ, Dr. B enjoys serving in church, the community, various ministries, and helping with nonprofits - which are his favorite sources of enjoyment during free time. He is also involved in the Martial Arts (having practiced since 13 years of age, holding the rank of 3rd degree blackbelt). Other interests include: Art, Ancient History, Science, Theology, Philosophy, science fiction (he is a fan of superhero and comic book fiction), and general reading.
- Ph.D. University of Pittsburgh. Advisor: Chris Lennard. Thesis: Continuity in Banach spaces.
- M.A. Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
- B.Sc. Applied Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh, Greensburg Pennsylvania.
- J. Burns, C. Lennard, and J. Sivek. A contractive fixed point free mapping on a weakly compact convex set, Studia Math. 223 (2014), 275-283
- Advisor: Seton Hill University Martial Arts Club
- Member: Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematicians (SIAM)
- Member: Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
- Co-Advisor: Seton Hill Math Club
- MAA Sectional Meeting: Allegheny Mountain Section, Duquesne University, 8/April/2017, entitled: Multiplicative Integration
- MAA Sectional Meeting: Allegheny Mountain Section, 2/April/2016, Gannon University, entitled: Porous Sets
- MAA Sectional Meeting: Allegheny Mountain Section, 11/April/2015, Washington and Jefferson University, entitled: Continuity in Banach spaces
- Class of 2020 Co-Advisor