- Joined Seton Hill
- Toronto, OH
- Contact Info
Accomplished business and information technology executive with advanced degrees and 25+ years of experience and achievement in enterprise leadership. Visionary, strategic thinker with proven planning and management talents; adept at starting up businesses as well as turning around underperforming operations; skilled at anticipating and understanding business needs, re-engineering business execution models, and integrating the critical components of people, process, and technology to solve complex business problems. Positive, energetic and student focused business instructor; Adept at integrating real-life business experiences across multiple subject disciplines.
- D.Sc., Robert Morris University (Pittsburgh, PA) 2007
- MBA, Butler University (Indianapolis, IN) 1989
- BA, Kent State University (Kent, OH) 1984
- Dissertation: A Framework for Developing Knowledge Maps in a Not-For-Profit Firm: A Case Study (2007)
- Knowledge Management Professional Society, Project Management Institute
- Garrett, S. L., & Nelson, D.K. (2011). Cultivating online educators into virtual leaders. Presentation at United States Distance Learning Association National Conference in St. Louis, MO on May 1-4, 2011.
- Nelson, D. (2009). "Knowledge Mapping in a Not-For-Profit Firm”, ISECON 2009, Washington, D.C., November 7, 2009.
- Served as reviewer of CONISAR 2008 submissions 2008