- Joined Seton Hill
- Saxton, PA
- Contact Info
- Ph.D., Analytical Chemistry, University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC)
- B.S., Chemistry, Forensic Science concentration, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania (Edinboro, PA)
- Czegan, D.A.C.; Hoover, D.K. 2012. UV–Visible Spectrometers: Versatile Instruments across the Chemistry Curriculum. J. Chem. Educ. 89 (3): 304–309.
- Barrett, D. G.; Gratton, S. E. A.; Hoover, D. K.; Yousaf, M. N. 2010. Role of Surface Chemistry and Topology of Chemoselectively Tailored Embossed Films on Shear Adhesion. J. Mater. Chem. 20: 2813 – 2819.
- Hoover, D.K., Lee, E.-j., Yousaf, M.N. 2009. Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence Microscopy of Cell Adhesion on Patterned Self-Assembled Monolayers on Gold. Langmuir. 25(5): 2563-2566.
- Hoover, D.K., Chan, E.W.L., Yousaf, M.N. 2008. Asymmetric Peptide Nanoarray Surfaces for Studies of Single Cell Polarization. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130(11): 3280-3281.
- Hoover, D.K., Lee, E.-j., Chan, E.W.L., Yousaf, M.N. 2007. Electroactive Nanoarrays for Biospecific Ligand Mediated Studies of Cell Adhesion. ChemBioChem. 8(16): 1920-1923.
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, College of Science and Health Professions Distinguished Young Alumna Award, 2016
- Tussey Mountain School District, Distinguished Alumni Award, 2010
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Francis P. Venable Award, 2005 – 2006
- American Chemical Society
- Middle Atlantic Association of Liberal Arts Chemistry Teachers (MAALACT)
- Faculty adviser for Griffins @ Work Club (student service group)
- Hoover, D. “iExperiment: Incorporating Mobile Technology into the Chemistry Laboratory.” Invited Poster, Middle Atlantic Discovery Chemistry Project (MADCP) Meeting (Reading, PA), May 2013.
- Hoover, D. “Life on the Hill: Early Career Experiences at Seton Hill University, a Teaching Oriented Liberal Arts University.” 245th ACS National Meeting (New Orleans, LA), April 2013.
- Hoover, D. “iExperiment: Incorporating Mobile Technology into the Chemistry Laboratory.” Poster, 245th ACS National Meeting (New Orleans, LA), April 2013.
- Hoover, D.; Lee, E.J.; Chan, E.W.L.; Yousaf, M.N. “Electroactive Nanoarrays for Biospecific Ligand Mediated Studies of Single Cell Polarization.” Poster, 236th ACS National Meeting (Philadelphia, PA), August 2008.
- Hoover, D. "Electroactive Nanoarrays for Biospecific Ligand Mediated Studies of Cell Adhesion and Polarization." 59th Southeast Regional Meeting of the American Chemistry Society (SERMACS) (Greenville, SC), October 2007.
- Hoover, D.; Lee, E.J.; Chan, E.W.L.; Yousaf, M.N. “Dip Pen Nanolithography as a Method for the Study of Cell Adhesion and Polarization.” Poster, NCI Nanotechnology Alliance Investigators Meeting (Chapel Hill, NC), October 2007.
- Hoover, D.; Valentovic, M.A.; Guetzloff, T.; Terneus, M. “Effects of Pre-treatment with S-Adenosyl-L- Methionine and Ascorbic Acid on p-Aminophenol in vitro Toxicity in Renal Slices from Fischer 344 (F344) Rats.” Poster, 229th ACS National Meeting (San Diego, CA), 2005.
- Demetra A. C. Czegan and Diana K. Hoover. “Portable Spectroscopic, Chromatographic, and Electrochemical Instrumentation.” Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh – 2011 College Equipment Grant Program. (Funded Grant)