- Joined Seton Hill
- Lower Burrell, PA
- Contact Info
- (724) 830-4737
After having been part of the Seton Hill University community as adjunct professor since 1998, I welcomed the opportunity to become full time faculty in the Religious Studies/Theology Program and to act as the director of the Certificate in Pastoral Ministry Program. Prior to these appointments, I served as the director of the Simon Silverman Phenomenology Center at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Ph.D., Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA), 2004.
- “Postcolonial Biblical Hermeneutics: Interpreting with a Genuine Attunement to Otherness.” Analecta Hermeneutica, 4 (2012). [More Information]
- Ronald Jackson and Ronald Arnett, eds. Encylopedia of Identity. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2010. S.v. "Phenomenology".
- "Stephan Strasser's Philosophical Legacy and Duquesne University's Simon Silverman Phenomenology Center." In Analecta Husserliana: The Yearbook of Phenomenological Research, Volume XCIII, ed. Anna-Teresa Tymieniecka. Dordrecht: Springer, 2007.
- Review of Transformations: Thinking after Heidegger, by Gail Stenstad. In Journal of Phenomenological Psychology 38 (2007)
- "Paul Ricoeur and Phenomenology." In The Proceedings of the 24th Annual Symposium of the Simon Silverman Phenomenology Center, edited by Daniel J. Martino. Pittsburgh: Simon Silverman Phenomenology Center, 2006.
- "Renew the Face of the Earth: Phenomenology and Ecology." In The Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Symposium of the Simon Silverman Phenomenology Center, edited by Daniel J. Martino. Pittsburgh: Simon Silverman Phenomenology Center, 2005.
- Review of The Unforgettable and the Unhoped for, by Jean-Louis Chretien. In Journal of Phenomenological Psychology 36 (2005)
- "Daseinsanalysis." In The Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Symposium of the Simon Silverman Phenomenology Center, edited by Daniel J. Martino. Pittsburgh: Simon Silverman Phenomenology Center, 2004.
- College Theology Society
- Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy
- Heidegger Circle
- International Institute for Hermeneutics
- Postcolonial Studies Association
- International Husserl and Phenomenological Research Society
- Society for Existential and Phenomenological Theory and Culture
- "How Do We Speak of the Mystery of God?", PATHWAYS - Diocese of Greensburg Adult Faith Formation Program (Mt. St. Peter Parish, New Kensington, PA and St. Anne Parish, Rostraver, PA), October 2012.
- “Technology as a Mysterious Source of Uprooting and Authentic Dwelling in Heidegger’s Later Philosophy.” Paper presented at the 57th Annual Convention of the College Theology Society, New Rochelle, NY, June, 2011.
- “Welcoming the Coming Christ of Advent: The ‘O’ Antiphons.” Paper presented the annual Mt. St. Peter Advent lecture series. New Kensington, PA, December 2010.
- "Catholic Social Teaching and Seton Hill University" (with Cynthia Magistro and Stephen Honeygosky). Society for Values in Higher Education Institute on Religion in Curriculum and Culture of Higher Education (West Cornwall, CT), June 2008.
- "Tymieniecka's Passions of the Earth and Heidegger's Rooted Poetic Dwelling". 103rd Annual Meeting of the American Philosophical Association (Washington, DC), December 2006.
- "The Philosophical Legacy of Stephan Strasser". 55th International Phenomenology Congress (Nijmegen, The Netherlands), August 2005.
- Visiting Scholar, Simon Silverman Phenomenology Center, Duquesne University: 2012-13
- Facilitator for Regional Meeting of the College Theology Society devoted to John D. Caputo’s “On the Wings of Angels: Post-humanism and Info-techno-theology”: October 2012
- Course Coordinator, "Faith, Religion and Society" (LA 150)
- Co-Convener of Philosophy of Religion Section for the Annual Convention of the College Theology Society: 2011-
- Member, Mission Effectiveness Committee
- Member, Liberal Arts Curriculum Committee