Art - Graphic & Interactive Design (B.F.A.)
Design Your Future
As a student in the Graphic and Interactive Design Program at Seton Hill, you’ll enjoy cutting edge technology and software, in courses taught by working design professionals. You’ll get to spend your time in an award-winning Arts Center surrounded by fellow artists, designers, dancers and creative learners. And you’ll work on projects for local and regional businesses - to ensure that you graduate with practical experience and a list of professional contacts.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
Even More Good Reasons to Study Graphic & Interactive Design at Seton Hill University
In Seton Hill University's Graphic and Interactive Design B.F.A. Program, you will develop the art of visual communication in both print and digital formats by:
- Having the choice of a concentration in either photography or animation.
- Participating in relevant, real-world class projects in addition to robust internships.
- Honing your skills in state-of-the-art studios and labs stocked with everything from iMacs to digital cameras to graphics tablets.
- Working with professional design faculty with years of client experience who provide personalized instruction and support.
- Having all of the benefits of our Apple Distinguished School, including an Apple laptop and iPad for all full-time freshmen. (As a graphic and interactive design major you’ll subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud so that you always have exactly the tools you need.)
Learn Animation at Seton Hill University
If you choose the new animation concentration for your B.F.A. in graphic and interactive design, you’ll learn how to create inventive, informative and attractive animations using a variety of techniques. Using industry standard and cutting-edge software and hardware, you will build a solid foundation for the creation of your own animation style through hands-on learning in:
- Storyboarding, Scriptwriting & Directing
- Kinetic/Moving Typography & Motion Tracking
- History & Uses of Animation in TV, Movies & Video Games
- Information Design & Research for Reaching Your Target Audience
Certificate in Graphic & Interactive Design
Not ready for a four-year degree? Seton Hill also offers a certificate in graphic and interactive design.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects the job outlook for multimedia artists and animators to stay strong through 2026. A degree from Seton Hill University’s graphic and interactive design program will prepare you for a career as a:
- Graphic Designer
- Interactive Designer
- UX/UI Designer
- Art Director
- Publication Designer
- Web Designer
- Owner of a Design or Photography Studio
- Design Educator
- Visual Information Designer
Seton Hill's award-winning Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) will work with you, your professors, and local, regional and national employers to provide you with the career preparation skills, internship opportunities and placement services you need - as a student and after you graduate.
Ready to Take Your Next Step UP?
You can apply online for free any time. Seton Hill features streamlined admission requirements and a comprehensive aid program. If you haven’t been to visit us yet, please schedule a time to come up to the Hill. You may just see your future from here.