Sinfonia at Seton Hill is an artistic and educational ensemble performing repertoire for chamber orchestra. Membership is open to Seton Hill string majors, non-majors and community adult string musicians. Select members of the Westmoreland Symphonic Winds will partner with Sinfonia to perform works for full orchestra.
Music Director & Conductor
Dr. Chris Marra is currently the Director of Instrumental Activities at Seton Hill University. As a part of his duties, Chris is the conductor of the Westmoreland Symphonic Winds, the Sinfonia Chamber Orchestra, and teaches courses in music education and conducting. He has recently completed a Ph.D in Music Education with an emphasis in wind band conducting from the University of Michigan. Prior to doctoral studies, Chris taught high school band and orchestra for 10 years in San Jose, CA where he held board positions with the CMEA Bay Section and the California Band Directors Association. Chris holds a B.S. in Music Education from Duquesne University and an MM in Music Education with an emphasis in wind band conducting from Northwestern University. Chris is also an active clinician and adjudicator within several state organizations as well as Drum Corps International.
Who Must Audition?
- All prospective members are required to perform an audition.
- All members must re-audition each year.
When & Where Will Auditions be Held?
- Auditions for the 2019-2020 season will be held Monday, August 26th, 2019, from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm in 8 minute time slots. (during forum and our first scheduled class)
- Auditions will take place in Professor Marra's office, Performing Arts Center, Studio G12
- Use this link to register for an audition time (This may not work for you if you do not have a gmail account. If you have difficulty please email the Michelle Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred time and she will add you to the list)
- Please arrive early to your audition, as there will be some light paperwork to complete.
- When you register for an audition time, please include your name, instrument, and email address in the description field of the appointment.
2019-2020 Audition Excerpts
Rehearsals are held Monday evenings from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center's Johnson Rehearsal Room