Theatre Performance (B.A.)
Theatre Performance (B.A.)
Take Center Stage
The Bachelor of Arts in theatre performance at Seton Hill will prepare you to move confidently into a career as a professional performer.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward
Why the Theatre Performance Program at Seton Hill University?
As a student in Seton Hill University's Theatre Performance Program, you will have access to a wide variety of opportunities to build a future in the profession. At Seton Hill, you can:
- act, sing and dance in productions and performances
- make the most of our state-of-the-art facilities, including our Arts Center and Performing Arts Center
- have the opportunity to work in our costume and scene shops, as well as the box office
- earn credits studying abroad with other students and Seton Hill faculty
- get all of the benefits of our Apple Distinguished School, including a MacBook Air laptop for all full-time freshmen
- take advantage of aid and scholarships just for performing arts majors
- participate in clubs like the Dance Club or the Student Theatre Activities Council
Performance and Production Opportunities
Seton Hill's Theatre and Dance Programs offer three full-length theatre productions, two dance concerts and a number of studio productions each year. All productions offer an array of performance and technical opportunities. First-year students are encouraged to audition and get involved with a production from their very first week here on the Hill.
At Seton Hill, you'll learn from and work side-by-side with skilled faculty in both the Theatre and Dance Departments. Your professors and instructors will have a variety of experiences in all aspects of the performing arts.
Internships & Careers
Students in Seton Hill's Performing Arts Programs have a long track record of success working as interns, apprentices and performers in theatre companies and theme parks around the country. Seton Hill's award-winning Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) will work with you, your professors and local, regional and national employers to prepare you with the career preparation skills, internship opportunities and placement services that you need - as a student and after you graduate.
In addition to the University's requirements for admission, prospective theatre performance majors must successfully complete an audition with members of the theatre and dance faculty to be admitted into the Theatre and Dance Department at Seton Hill University. Completing the audition process also makes you eligible for scholarships.
Visit Us - Online or In Person
If you haven't been to visit us yet, please schedule a time to come up to the Hill (virtually or in person). You may just see your future from here.