Prelaw 3 + 3 (B.A.)
Prelaw 3 + 3 (B.A.)
A Partnership Between Seton Hill and the Duquesne University School of Law
Earn your bachelor’s and your law degree in 6 years. Through the Prelaw 3 + 3 Program, Seton Hill students can complete 3 years of study in history or political science at Seton Hill. Then, once academic and LSAT requirements are met, students are admitted for 3 years of study in the Duquesne University School of Law. (This program leads to 2 degrees, one from Seton Hill and one from Duquesne.)
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
Why Prelaw at Seton Hill?
- Two areas of focus: political science and history.
- Study in Washington, D.C.: Earn college credit and gain an insider’s understanding of the American political system through The Washington Center’s Inside Washington Program.
- Relevant internships in local and regional law firms, nonprofits and government agencies.
- Prelaw courses you can take at Seton Hill include:
- American National Government
- The U.S. Civil Rights Movement
- Global Political Economy
- Historical & Political Geography
- The Middle East
- Extensive mentoring from Seton Hill Prelaw Program alumni with active careers in the field.
- Legal faculty dedicated to you: A combination of political science professors, history professors and legal practitioners, prelaw faculty at Seton Hill have decades of experience. Our faculty are:
- Diligent about preparing students for law school.
- Committed to new developments in legal scholarship and practice.
- Dedicated to connecting each student with internship, mentoring and networking opportunities.
The education you get at Seton Hill prepares you for interesting careers in private practice, government agencies, nonprofit organizations and business. Seton Hill’s award-winning Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) will work with your prelaw faculty to provide you with the career preparation skills and placement services you need.
Ready to Take Your Next Step Forward?
You can apply online for free any time. Seton Hill features streamlined admission and a comprehensive aid program. If you haven’t been to visit us yet, please schedule a time to come up to the Hill. You may just see your future from here.