Biology (B.A., B.S.)
The Science of Opportunity
Biology is the study of living things. As a Seton Hill biology major, you will learn how living things work, how they interact with one another and how they evolve. Along the way, you'll build a knowledge base that will support a variety of careers - from research to medicine.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
Why Study Biology at Seton Hill?
Boyle Health Sciences Center
Seton Hill’s new Boyle Health Sciences Center provides science students with the best in academic, clinical and research facilities and resources.
Because laboratory courses at Seton Hill are small, you will do more than just watch experiments - you will perform them yourself, using the same sophisticated facilities and equipment that your professors use.
Research & Internship Opportunities
As an upperclassman, you’ll have the opportunity to take part in ongoing research, both here on campus and through research internships at universities and institutions across the country.
Recent science and health majors at Seton Hill have participated in research projects at the Mayo Clinic (cell biology), Ohio State University (HIV) and Johns Hopkins University (prostate cancer).
Students, led by faculty members, are also involved in research right here on the Hill. Current and recently-completed research projects include:
- A multi-year study exploring the acclimatory and adaptive constraints to plant rarity funded by the National Science Foundation.
- Discovery and analysis of new phages through the Howard Hughes Medical Institute's SEA-PHAGES project. (Phages are important to researchers in part because it is believed that they might offer an alternative to antibiotics.)
- A multi-year research collaboration with the Integrative Cardiac Health Project at Walter Reed to study health behaviors of college students.
Career Services for a Lifetime
- Biological Science
- Environmental Science
- Wildlife Biology
- Conservation Science
At Seton Hill, your study in biology will prepare you to:
- begin working in the field right after you graduate with your bachelor’s degree
- move easily into advanced study in graduate or medical school
Plus, Seton Hill’s award-winning Career and Professional Development Center will work with you to find the best internships and career opportunities. We're dedicated to your success, so our career services will be available to you whenever you need them, even after you graduate.
You can apply online for free any time. Seton Hill features streamlined admission and a comprehensive aid program. If you haven’t been to visit us yet, please schedule a time to come up to the Hill. You may just see your future from here.