In addition to the University's admission requirements, applicants to the Master of Arts in Special Education Program must:
- Have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA while earning an undergraduate degree.
If you are seeking a Pennsylvania Pre K-8 or 7-12 special education teacher certification along with your M.A., you must also:
- Hold a Pennsylvania teaching certificate in one of the following areas: N-3; K-6; Pre K-4; 4-8; K-12; reading specialist.
- Have had coursework in English Language Learners (ELL) or English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Complete a Development Psychology course (if not taken previously).
- Have received passing scores on state certification tests to meet Pennsylvania’s requirements for the special education Pre K-8 certification.