Skip to Main Content
dropdownCombined ShapedropdowndropdownnextGroup 3circle_arrow_left_redGroup 2Group 8Group 35homelocationSeton Hill Universityphonemagnifying-glass

Entrance Counseling

All graduate and undergraduate students who are borrowing through the Federal Direct Stafford Loan or Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan program for the first time at Seton Hill University are required to complete an Entrance Counseling session.  The entrance counseling session provides information to borrowers about rights and responsibilities. After reading the information contained in the online session, the student will be quizzed on their knowledge. Again, this is a federal requirement and loan funds will not be disbursed onto the student's account until this process is completed.

How to Complete Your Entrance Counseling Session

  1. Go to
  2. Click on "Sign In" and then "Entrance Counseling."
  3. Once you have completed the session, Seton Hill University will be notified. 

Exit Counseling

Upon completion of your degree or if you withdraw from Seton Hill University and you borrowed through the Federal Direct Stafford Loan program or the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan program while at Seton Hill, you are required to complete an online Exit Counseling session.  The session provides information about borrower rights and responsibilities regarding loan repayment. Log on to the National Student Loan Data System for Students (NSLDS) website (the official repository for all federal student loans and financial aid).  Click on Financial Aid Review to access a history of your loan debt.  After reviewing your loan history and debt levels, go back to the main page and click on Exit Counseling and complete the session.  Once you have completed the session, notify the Financial Aid Office that you have met your obligation for Exit Counseling. 

Please note:  Once you borrow a federal student loan, the information will be submitted to the NSLDS and is then accessible by agencies, lenders, and institutions determined to be authorized users of the data system.  Upon graduation or if you drop below at least half time enrollment, your federal loans will be assigned to one of four loan servicers to which you will make your loan payments.  Either Great Lakes, Fed Loan Servicing (AES), Navient or Nelnet will begin to contact you about your repayment obligation.  If you need help managing your federal student loans at any time, do not hesitate to contact the servicer of your loans.  You should monitor your loan repayment process often by going to the NSLDS web site. Managing your debt is your responsibility and the NSLDS web site is a critical tool to assist you.

We're Here to Help! Call or email any time to get answers to questions about costs, enrollment or financial aid: or (724) 830-1010.