The May 2020 Commencement Celebration has been postponed.
This difficult decision was made to protect the health of the university community, our families and our neighbors. A weekend in August is being tentatively considered as the make-up date but no specific date has been determined yet.
- All Commencement activities will be rescheduled - the Grad Bash, Honors Convocation, Baccalaureate Mass, and the formal Commencement ceremony.
- Be assured that degrees will be conferred as scheduled on May 9, 2020. Diplomas and transcripts will be available and mailed to graduates the week of May 11, 2020.
- For those seniors who have already ordered academic attire through the Bookstore:
- Thank you and please know that order will remain active and we will receive your academic attire when Commencement is rescheduled.
- If you would like to cancel your order and request a refund, please contact Herff Jones at 1-800- 837-4235.
- For those seniors who need to purchase academic attire when the new date is confirmed, you will receive communication from the Office of Student Affairs via your Seton Hill email account on how to place an order for attire at that time.
- Seniors are asked to please watch your Seton Hill email for information about the rescheduled ceremony.
Please be in touch with Beth Kepple at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Seton Hill University observes three dates for graduation each year: May, August and December. In addition, special commencement ceremonies are held in January and June for Writing Popular Fiction graduates. Degrees and certificates are formally conferred only at the commencement exercises in May and December, or in January and June for the Writing Popular Fiction graduates. Exact dates for commencement are noted on the Seton Hill academic calendar.
A Graduation Application (PDF) for a degree or certificate must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office before the beginning of the last semester of study and not later than March 15 (for expected May or June graduation), June 15 (for expected August graduation), or October 15 (for expected December or January graduation). If you are a current student and want to ensure that you are on-track for graduation, please check with your academic advisor or contact the Registrar's Office.