Seton Hill University is committed to having a faculty and staff that reflects the diversity of our global population. AA/EOE.
Posted: October 7, 2016
Seton Hill University is seeking an experienced marketing professional for the Associate Marketing Manager position. The Associate Marketing Manager will implement marketing strategies to support enrollment goals and retention efforts, as well as to protect and enhance the University’s overall brand and reputation. The Associate Marketing Manager must be a self-starter with excellent organizational and analytic skills. To be successful in this position, the Marketing Manager must have a passion for brand awareness, marketing planning, content strategy, social media engagement and search engine optimization.
A bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or a related area is required. Candidates for this position must be active or former social network manager/administrators. At least five years experience in public relations, social media and/or the digital media/website management field is preferred. This communication professional must also have excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong research skills. Proficiency in SEO, paid search advertising, social media best practices and promotions, CMS and website editing/updating experience is expected. Experience with monitoring software (e.g, Hoot Suite, Radian 6, Tweet Deck) is required. Video content creation and management experience is a plus.
The Associate Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and collaborates with the Associate Director of Marketing and Content Strategy and the Graphic Design Manager.
Send a letter of interest, resume and three references to email@example.com.
Posted: October 25, 2016
Seton Hill University, a Catholic Liberal Arts University located 35 miles east of Pittsburgh, invites applications for the position of Controller.
The Controller is responsible for accounting/financial reporting to include government and private grant reporting, audit oversight, budgeting, and new program financial analysis. The position will be responsible for assisting senior administrators with the development of financial strategies and the management of financial resources to ensure the achievement of the institution’s strategic plan objectives. The position is also responsible for the University’s overall financial plans and policies to insure GAAP compliance. A principal responsibility will be to ensure the quality of financial reporting throughout the organization, including processes and business analysis and providing informative reports to the entire senior management team.
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and oversees the areas of General Accounting and Accounts Payable.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related financial field is required, CPA preferred. A minimum of 7 years of accounting experience to include non-profit fund accounting and supervisory and management experience is required. Accounting experience in the higher education or heath care fields is preferred.
The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, in person and by telephone.
Qualified candidates are asked to electronically submit a cover letter, resume/C.V. and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is November 15, 2016.
Posted: August 4, 2016
The Information Technology Department has an immediate opening for a Database Analyst. This position is responsible for maintaining and managing the University's databases and ERP systems. The Database Analyst is additionally responsible for the development and maintenance of University-wide reports. Candidates with knowledge of Jenzabar EX, Powerfaids, Salesforce, or who have previous University employment strongly preferred.
- Degree in computer science, computer information technology, or equivalent
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL and MySQL
- Familiarity with SQL Server Management Studio
- Basic understanding of a scripting language (PHP, Coldfusion, Java, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Windows Server management
- Basic knowledge of Linux such as Ubuntu
- Knowledge of Seton Hill-specific software (e.g., Jenzabar EX, Jenzabar JICS, Infomaker, PowerFAIDS, Dynamics, Astra Schedule, etc) desired
Incumbent must also have the ability to effectively convey information in-person, in writing, and through training sessions; have technical writing skills to document instructions for users; work well individually and/or as a member of a team; desire to work with students, faculty and staff and to facilitate the resolution of their problems; ability to prioritize multiple tasks; ability to work well individually and/or as a member of a team; ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations; have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; and must be able to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally.
- Manage a Jenzabar EX student information system and Jenzabar JICS portal; including upgrades, new initiatives, training and normal day-to-day support and maintenance.
- Develop new reports in Sybase InfoMaker, Izenda, or in pure SQL, at the request of University administrators. Ensure reports and data requests are accurate and produced in a timely manner.
- Configure and maintain multiple Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL Relational Database Management Systems.
- Provide database programming support and troubleshooting to multiple projects.
- Work with University administrators to improve process documentation, and adhere to best practices.
- Attend training sessions that apply to the existing database products and utilities.
- Assist Development Team with minor web development and scripting, as necessary.
Interested and qualified applicants must email a cover letter, focusing on how your knowledge, skills and abilities have prepared you for this position and salary requirements, a current resume, and three references to: Stacy Moore, Information Security Officer, shuITsearch@setonhill.edu. Deadline for submission is: September 16, 2016.