Seton Hill University is committed to having a faculty and staff that reflects the diversity of our global population. AA/EOE.
Posted: April 4, 2018
Seton Hill University has an immediate opening for an Assistant Director of Financial Aid to assist in managing the Financial Aid Office; to prepare financial aid packages for and counsel current and prospective students on financial aid policies, procedures and regulations; to effectively manage the student employment program, the student loan programs, the state grant programs, and private grants and scholarships.
This position reports directly to the Director of Financial Aid and oversees the office in the absence of the Director.
A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years experience in financial aid are required. Experience with Direct Loans through the US Department of Education, Alternative (Private) Loans, PHEAA grant processing and reconciliation, and PowerFaids is a plus. The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, in person, and by telephone, and must be able to travel within the University community and externally.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and references no later than April 20, 2018 to: Tracey Snyder de Baez at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or Tracey Snyder de Baez, Seton Hill University, 1 Seton Hill Drive, Greensburg, PA 15601.
Posted: April 9, 2018
The Seton Hill University Athletic Department has a part-time intern position. The purpose of this position is to recruit, coach, and retain full roster team.
A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s preferred. Two years prior college coaching experience preferred. Special Teams experience desired and on the road recruiting experience at the college level is required. Excellent computer skills are necessary. The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, as well as represent the University well.
This position reports directly to the Head Football Coach and Executive Director of Athletics; in his absence the Associate Director(s) of Athletics.
Essential responsibilities include: recruit and coach football team; assist in overseeing the budget for the equipment, travel, officials, recruiting, and other approved expenses of the football program; follow all NCAA/PSAC guidelines and have full understanding of the NCAA eligibility compliances; assist in maintaining and setting policies for student athletes, and other duties as assigned. This position will also be responsible for attending scheduled NCAA/PSAC meetings and working closely with the office of public information.
Annual compensation is $11,000, incumbent will also be provided with $800 in dining hall flex annually. No housing or benefits offered.
E-mail letter of interest, resume and references to Mr. Isaac Collins, Head Football Coach email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Please no phone calls.
Posted: March 27, 2018
Seton Hill University invites qualified applicants for the position of Institutional Researcher to begin July 1, 2018.
The Institutional Researcher will coordinate and manage the submission of data to external agencies and assist with accreditation and grant reporting. The incumbent will be charged with providing analysis of the results of surveys to the University. The Institutional Researcher will collect, analyze, and interpret institutional data to benefit strategic planning and assessment. The Instructional Researcher will design, monitor and maintain systematic data collection across various areas of the University. This position is responsible for facilitating the program review process by supervising the development of assessment systems and by providing consultation and training.
Incumbent is expected to have demonstrated advanced knowledge and abilities in the areas of:
• collecting, analyzing, and applying data to decision-making;
• statistical analysis methods and techniques and qualitative inquiry;
• database management systems;
• information technology literacy;
• knowledge of relational database design and management and familiarity in a major database package (ie. MS Excel, SQL Server, Tableau, Infomaker, etc.);
• experience with higher education administrative/student information systems;
• familiarity with web survey administration software, such as Qualtrics
Requirements include a minimum of a Master’s degree in an appropriately related field and two or more years of experience in applying those skills in a field related to educational or institutional planning, or a combination of education, training, and experience leading to competencies is required. Incumbent must be able to prioritize multiple projects in an independent environment and manage multiple projects concurrently to meet strict deadlines. Effective oral and written communication and the ability to develop strong working relationships with multiple campus partners is required. This position reports to the Provost and interacts with members of the President’s Council.
To apply, send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, salary expectations, official transcripts and three current letters of reference to Jennifer Zemba, Seton Hill University, 1 Seton Hill Drive, Greensburg, PA 15601; or, electronically (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin May 1 and will continue until the position is filled.
Posted: March 9, 2018
The Information Technology Department has an immediate opening for a Senior Programmer Analyst. This position is responsible for the applications portfolio that supports the academic and business functions of the university, whether the applications are internally developed or purchased/licensed. The position is responsible for the systems development life cycle of the portfolio, identifying and implementing development tools and methodologies and gaining support for proposals from diverse customers. The Senior Programmer Analyst also directs the IT Development and Database staff and helps analyze, develop and resolve system level problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology Management (or equivalent)
- Two to three years of experience with increasing responsibility in information technology leadership and support in higher education
- Experince with administrative computing support, instructional and research computing, network management and telephone systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical individuals
- Strong knowledge of HTML (including hand-coding and conversion tools); proficiency with at least one web-application scripting/programming language (e.g. ASPX, XCode, PHP, JSP, Java, Coldfusion, PERL, etc.)
- Knowledge of API and system integration development
- Experience with SSO implementation or support, Shibboleth preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Working knowledge of web server administration, including hardware, web server environments and software applications
- Knowledge of Seton Hill-specific software (e.g., Jenzabar EX, Jenzabar JICS, Jenzabar JRM, Infomaker, PowerFAIDS, Dynamics, Astra Schedule, etc)
- Understanding of current web development issues, including accessibility for people with disabilities
- Working knowledge of preparing and executing a budget
- Working knowledge of project management
Applicant must also have the ability to effectively convey information in-person, in writing, and through training sessions; have technical writing skills to document instructions for users; desire to work with students, faculty and staff and to facilitate the resolution of their problems; ability to prioritize multiple tasks; ability to work well individually and/or as a member of a team; ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations; have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; and must be able to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume, cover letter with salary expectation and 3 references to email@example.com with the subject line "Senior Programmer Analyst Application."