Seton Hill University is committed to having a faculty and staff that reflects the diversity of our global population. AA/EOE.
Posted: November 7, 2019
Seton Hill University has an immediate opening for an EdTech Technician in its Innovative Teaching & Learning Center.
The Innovative Teaching & Learning Center EdTech Technician (ETT) directly supervises the work study team employed to support the Center’s initiatives, manages the equipment loan inventory, coordinates reservations for Center studio spaces, and provides back up support to the LMS Manager. The Center ETT also provides support for all activities conducted through the Innovative Teaching & Learning Center with a primary focus on in-class presentations and media recordings.
Requirements include a minimum of two years of relevant computer-related software experience and/or video production/media support within an Apple ecosystem and higher education environment. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate competence in using and troubleshooting software applications and video/media production processes in classroom, lab, and office settings. The successful candidate must possess strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, strong customer service orientation and experience working both individually and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. The candidate must be highly self-motivated and directed and have the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. This position may require travel. This position is indoors and may require infrequent lifting of approximately 25 pounds.
Must be willing to work regularly scheduled shifts, including day and evening shift assignments, to facilitate coverage: 12pm - 8pm (M-R) and 8am - 5pm (F) with some occasional additional off-hours and holidays.
This position reports to reports to the Director of the Innovative Teaching & Learning Center.
● Work directly with University constituents to provide support in the classroom integration of educational technology tools
● Coordinate, manage, and conduct in-class recording sessions
● Manage the Center work study hiring process using both written forms and the University’s online work study system
● Coordinate work study team members to support Center events as needed (e.g., iTeach SHU Gallery, etc.)
● Establish, maintain, and approve overall and individual work study schedules; resolve scheduling conflicts related to work study team as necessary
● Conduct professional development training for work study team members in all apps, soft skills, and hardware necessary to support Center constituents
● Participate in regular meetings with Center personnel and various user groups as needed
● Manage the inventory of lendable equipment and the associated online tracking system
● Coordinate reservations for Podcast and Media Studio spaces in Reeves Learning Commons
● Coordinate the equipment maintenance, upgrades, and updates for the Podcast and Media Studios
● Provide support as needed with regard to Center events and activities
● Maintain effective and accurate documentation for all processes and procedures related to the Center ETT position, including a summary performance report each semester and annual overall report
● Perform all other duties as assigned
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Posted: October 10, 2019
Seton Hill University, a Catholic, liberal arts coeducational university sponsored by the Sisters of Charity, seeks a full time, Director of Campus Ministry. Position requires a practicing Catholic with high motivation, creativity, and the ability to initiate programs, activities, and strategies to encourage participation and leadership development of students.
Candidate must possess communication and organizational skills to work collaboratively with the University Chaplain, faculty, staff, and students. Responsibilities include directing a team of professionals and students to plan, organize, and execute liturgical celebrations, retreats, prayer experiences, reflection opportunities, service projects and awareness projects/programs; assisting with meeting the spiritual development needs of students from a variety of religious backgrounds. Administrative, organizational, and public relations skills are essential, as are verbal and written skills. Master’s degree in Theology, Religious Studies, Campus Ministry or Religious Education and experience in Campus Ministry is required.
Send letter of interest, resume, and three references to Maureen O’Brien, SC, MA, Vice President for Mission and Identity, Seton Hill University, Seton Hill Drive, Greensburg, PA 15601; firstname.lastname@example.org. The search is currently open and will continue until a successful candidate is identified; position is contingent on acceptable criminal background and child abuse clearances. Position begins January 13, 2020.
Posted: October 10, 2019
Seton Hill University, a Catholic Liberal Arts University located 35 miles east of Pittsburgh, invites applications for the full-time position of Human Resources Generalist.
The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for all aspects of benefit administration to include eligibility, enrollment, reconciliation, plan filings, etc. and will assist with other functions of Human Resources and Payroll. This position will also provide administrative support to Human Resources/Payroll Office and the Office of General Counsel within the General Counsel Department.
This position reports dually to the Vice President and General Counsel and the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources, Policy and Compliance.
Incumbent is required to have a bachelor degree preferably in Human Resources or Management. General accounting knowledge and SHRM-CP is preferred. The incumbent should be proficient in using a Mac computer and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Google products including Gmail and Google Drive; and Adobe products. The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing. In addition, the incumbent must possess excellent interpersonal skills, be detail oriented and must be able to work independently having the ability to prioritize assignments but also be capable of working with others. The incumbent must be self-motivated and possess the maturity to discreetly handle the highly confidential nature of the office.
Qualified candidates are asked to electronically submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com. Review of applicants will begin on October 18, 2019.