Seton Hill University is committed to having a faculty and staff that reflects the diversity of our global population. AA/EOE.
Posted: July 6, 2020
The Maintenance Department has a part-time opening for a Stationary Engineer to stabilize the operation of the boilers, pumps, air compressors, fans, and roof top units for campus buildings, emphasizing efficiency and safety.
The Stationary Engineer must be able to determine the reason for a boiler shut down and to decide what steps should be taken to resolve any related complications. The incumbent is accountable for the achievement of established goals and objectives.
This position requires a high school diploma, a Stationary Engineer’s license OR PA State Association license, knowledge and experience in various trade, mechanical, chemical, and mathematical skills, are necessary. This position involves affixing pipelines, therefore, experience in using hand and power tools, is required.
This position reports directly to the Lead Stationary Engineer; there are no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Transcribes a Boiler Room Shift Report and a Building Status Report, for the Main Boiler Plantand all campus buildings
2. Maintains the proper operation of boiler, plumbing, electrical systems and emergency generators on campus.
3. Responds to unanticipated calls from students, faculty and sisters concerning heat complications.
4. Checks all gas, water and steam lines for leaks during rounds.
5. Performs chemical tests on both on-line and off-line boilers.
6. Performs all other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and covering letter, or application for employment from Human Resources, to:
Cale Geary, Interim Director of Maintenance and Grounds, email@example.com, Seton Hill University -Box 168, Greensburg, PA 15601-15099