Diversity is a core value at Seton Hill University. We are passionate about building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff. We actively seek to recruit applicants who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds.
Posted: August 31, 2022
Seton Hill University seeks to fill this full-time position. This position will provide administrative and clerical support to the General Counsel Department (GCD) that consists of the Office of the General Counsel, Human Resources/Payroll Office, and Title IX Office. This position reports to the Vice President and General Counsel.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and three (3) years of experience providing administrative support in an office setting preferred; minimum of a high school diploma and ten (10) years of experience providing administrative support in an executive office or working with upper-level management is required.
The incumbent must have a broad knowledge of and proficiency with general office procedures, including the ability to operate a Mac computer with proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive and ability to manage data through various specialized software utilized by the GCD (i.e., general matters (Monday.com and/or SmartSheet), contracts (ContractWorks), policies (PolicyTech), Human Resources processes (Paycom), and compliance training (KnowBe4)).
The incumbent must also have excellent interpersonal relationship skills and have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to work independently, take initiative, follow through with assignments, and determine priorities. Demonstrate adept typing skills with the ability to type proficiently and accurately. Be a creative self-starter, decision maker, and possess excellent organizational skills. The incumbent must perform all duties with the highest degree of confidentiality and in a professional manner.
- Coordinates the daily operations of the GCD. Maintains supplies and services (copier, printers, scanner), addresses facility issues (maintenance, custodial, etc.), and orders and maintains supply of office supplies for GCD staff.
- Schedules department meetings and retreats as needed.
- Provides administrative and clerical assistance to GCD staff. Assists with scheduling short and long range events, meetings and appointments, answering telephones, taking messages, faxing, shredding, scanning, and making copies of materials. Types letters, memorandums, reports, etc. ensuring correct format, grammar and spelling, content and coherence of information. Creates and maintains electronic and hard files. Distributes mail to GCD staff.
- Creates and maintains hard and electronic files and performs data entry for GCD records and reports related to benefits, workers compensation reports, tuition exchange, background checks, Title IX complaints, policies, contracts, etc.
- Generates reports of pending matters as needed.
- Tracks completion of compliance training and Human Resource required documents and forms (performance evaluations, job descriptions, training certifications).
- Maintains and updates GCD internet and intranet websites.
- Creates e-mail distribution groups and updates mail merges for GCD communications.
- Monitors and maintains GCD subscriptions.
- Oversees and has working knowledge of the GCD budgets for the operating expenses via budget software. Maintains copies of all GCD expenses. Makes projections and plans for operating budgets in collaboration with the respective offices/functions within the GCD.
- Assists with gathering documents responsive to subpoenas and document requests and implementing redactions consistent with FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) or other privacy related laws.
- Manages financial and travel documents for GCD staff. Creates (Purchase Order Request Forms) PORF's and processes invoices for all GCD expenses, including external counsel bills. Coordinates local and long distance travel arrangements for GCD staff and prepares advances, travel expense reports, and credit card expense reports.
- Coordinates on-campus and external webinars and meetings hosted by GCD staff (i.e., securing meeting sites and parking, inviting attendees, and arranging for food).
- Coordinates and prepare correspondence and other documents to be presented as Agenda Items on the Board of Trustees agenda for committees supported by VPGC.
- Orders bereavement flowers or arranges a donation in lieu of flowers as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit a cover letter, resume and the names of three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: September 8, 2021
The Maintenance Department has a full-time opening for a Stationary Engineer to stabilize the operation of the boilers, pumps, air compressors, fans, and roof top units for campus buildings, emphasizing efficiency and safety.
The Stationary Engineer must be able to determine the reason for a boiler shut down and to decide what steps should be taken to resolve any related complications. The incumbent is accountable for the achievement of established goals and objectives.
This position requires a high school diploma, a Stationary Engineer’s license OR PA State Association license, knowledge and experience in various trade, mechanical, chemical, and mathematical skills, are necessary. This position involves affixing pipelines, therefore, experience in using hand and power tools, is required.
This position reports directly to the Stationary Engineer - Maintenance Lead; there are no supervisory responsibilities.
- Transcribes a Boiler Room Shift Report and a Building Status Report, for the Main Boiler Plant and all campus buildings
- Maintains the proper operation of boiler, plumbing, electrical systems and emergency generators on campus.
- Responds to unanticipated calls from students, faculty and staff concerning heat complications.
- Checks all gas, water and steam lines for leaks during rounds.
- Performs chemical tests on both on-line and off-line boilers.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Rate $18-$22/hr and competitive benefits. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and covering letter, or application for employment from Human Resources, to: Cale Geary, Director of Maintenance and Grounds, email@example.com, Seton Hill University -Box 168, Greensburg, PA 15601-15099