Seton Hill University is committed to having a faculty and staff that reflects the diversity of our global population. AA/EOE.
Posted: November 13, 2019
Seton Hill University has a full-time opening in the maintenance department for a Groundskeeper. The purpose of this position is to maintain all Seton Hill University, grounds, roads, sidewalks and parking areas on and off campus
A high school diploma, a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate maintenance equipment (i.e. tractor, 2-ton dump truck, turf vacuum, etc.) is required. Applicants must have at least one year of professional landscaping/grounds keeping experience. The incumbent will be responsible for obtaining (at their own expense) A Category 7 (lawns and turf) Applicators License within one year of service. Due to the nature of the position incumbents must sustain extreme temperatures, be able to walk, bend and lift daily.
This position reports directly to the Director of Maintenance and Grounds.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Operate power and hand equipment to maintain all SHU, grounds, roads, sidewalks, and parking lots on and off campus.
• Operate truck equipped snow plow, snow blower and tractors to remove snow from roads, sidewalks, and parking areas in preparation for chemical treatment.
• Remove leaves, debris, litter, branches, small trees, and trimmings for campus grounds.
•Transport bulk mail, furniture, equipment and supplies to the appropriate destination.
•Other duties as assigned
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit a cover letter and resume or application for employment from Human Resources to: Bill Vokes, Director of Maintenance & Grounds, 1 Seton Hill Drive – Box 168K, Greensburg, PA 15601
Posted: August 9, 2019
Seton Hill University has a full-time opening in the maintenance department for a Painter. The purpose of this position is to effectively direct the repairing and preparing of walls for paint, mud and tape dry wall.
The painter must be able to make decisions based on the job being performed in an adequate and safe manner. The incumbent chooses the materials needed, and enforces proper use of equipment. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Shifts for this position will vary.
This position requires basic grammar, strong leadership and good communication skills. Experience of three years in plastering, spray and trim painting, sanding, set scaffolding, staining, stenciling, mixing colors and antiquing furniture are required. A valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License is also required. The incumbent must be able to climb and work at high altitudes.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit a cover letter and resume or application for employment from Human Resources to:Bill Vokes, Director of Maintenance and Grounds, Seton Hill University -Box 168K, Greensburg, PA 15601
Posted: September 11, 2018
The Maintenance Department has a part-time opening for a Stationary Engineer to stabilize the operation of the boilers, pumps, air compressors, fans, and roof top units for campus buildings, emphasizing efficiency and safety.
The Stationary Engineer must be able to determine the reason for a boiler shut down and to decide what steps should be taken to resolve any related complications. The incumbent is accountable for the achievement of established goals and objectives.
This position requires a high school diploma, a Stationary Engineer’s license OR PA State Association license, knowledge and experience in various trade, mechanical, chemical, and mathematical skills, are necessary. This position involves affixing pipelines, therefore, experience in using hand and power tools, is required.
This position reports directly to the Lead Stationary Engineer; there are no supervisory responsibilities.
- Transcribes a Boiler Room Shift Report and a Building Status Report, for the Main Boiler Plant, Bayley Hall, Lynch, Library, St. Mary’s, Havey, Brownlee Farrell and DeChantal Dormitories, Performing Arts Center and Field House
- Maintains the proper operation of boiler, plumbing, electrical systems and emergency generators on campus.
- Responds to unanticipated calls from students, faculty and sisters concerning heat complications.
- Checks all gas, water and steam leaks during rounds.
- Performs chemical tests on disassembled and reassembled boilers.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and covering letter, or application for employment from Human Resources, to: Bill Vokes, Director of Maintenance and Grounds, Seton Hill University -Box 168, Greensburg, PA 15601-15099.