Diversity is a core value at Seton Hill University. We are passionate about building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff. We actively seek to recruit applicants who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds.
Posted: February 7, 2024
There is a full-time opening for an Administrative Assistant in The School of Natural and Health Sciences. This position will provide administrative, fiscal, and clerical support for the School of Natural and Health Sciences.
The primary role of this position is to provide fiscal, clerical and administrative support for the Dean and faculty of the school. Responsibilities include assisting with data collection for budget planning, processing purchases for laboratory courses and other School expenses, maintaining an accurate ledger of school expenses; organizing meeting agendas and recording notes; assistance with email and phone communication to students, faculty, staff, and external entities for the Dean; assistance with paperwork and processes for accreditation; accessing information and data from various university databases and platforms; maintaining databases; greeting guests of the School; and working independently to improve existing program processes.
An associate’s degree or high school diploma and 5 years of experience with secretarial and computer skills is required. The applicant must have expertise in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft office software programs. The incumbent must excel in both written and verbal communications.
This position reports to the Dean of the School of Natural & Health Sciences.
- Take directives from and provide clerical support to the Dean.
- Communicate with faculty, students and external entities on behalf of the Dean.
- Communicate with companies and sales representatives to assist with department purchases.
- Assist with printing of documents and posters.
- Prepare and process school purchases.
- Maintain an accurate ledger of all school purchases and expenses.
- Assist with managing the budget; prepare and process department orders.
- Prepare meeting agendas and record meeting notes.
- Answer the phone and greet guests.
- Assist other faculty and program directors with tasks including: purchasing, verifying student records, gathering student/course information, and other tasks as needed.
- Assist program directors with administrative support for accreditation processes.
- Maintain office inventories.
- Other duties as required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter or application for employment from Human Resources to: Dr. Demetra Czegan, School of Natural and Health Sciences, Box 226K, Seton Hill University, Greensburg, PA 15601 Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
February 22, 2024
Seton Hill University has a full-time opening in the maintenance department for a Grounds Keeper. The purpose of this position is to maintain all Seton Hill University, grounds, roads, sidewalks and parking areas on and off campus.
A high school diploma, a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate maintenance equipment (i.e. tractor, 2-ton dump truck, etc.) is required. Applicants must have at least one year of professional landscaping/grounds keeping experience. A Category 7 (lawns and turf) Applicators License is highly desirable, but the applicant may obtain one within one year of service. Due to the nature of the position incumbents must perform duties in extreme temperatures (both hot and cold), be able to walk, bend and lift (up to 50 lbs.) daily.
This position reports directly to the Director of Maintenance and Grounds.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate power and hand equipment (i.e. push mowers, backpack blowers, weed trimmers, etc.) to maintain all SHU grounds, roads, sidewalks, and parking lots on and off campus.
- Operate truck equipped snow plow, snow blower and tractors to remove snow from roads, sidewalks, parking areas, and athletic fields in preparation for chemical treatment.
- Remove leaves, debris, litter, branches, small trees, and trimmings for campus grounds.
- Transport furniture, equipment and supplies to the appropriate destination.
- Maintain equipment including but not limited to oil and fluid changes, tire repairs, and basic trouble shooting of equipment problems.
- Assist campus security/students with minor vehicle issues (i.e. dead battery, flat tire, or stuck vehicles).
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Seton Hill University offers competitive wages and a generous benefit plan. If you are interested in applying for this position please submit a cover letter and resume or application for employment from Human Resources to: Cale Geary, Director of Maintenance & Grounds, 1 Seton Hill Drive – Box 168K, Greensburg, PA 15601, email@example.com
Posted: September 8, 2021
Updated: February 22, 2024
The Maintenance Department has a full-time opening for a Stationary Engineer to stabilize the operation of the boilers, pumps, air compressors, fans, and roof top units for campus buildings, emphasizing efficiency and safety.
The Stationary Engineer must be able to determine the reason for a boiler shut down and to decide what steps should be taken to resolve any related complications. The incumbent is accountable for the achievement of established goals and objectives.
This position requires a high school diploma, a Stationary Engineer’s license OR PA State Association license, knowledge and experience in various trade, mechanical, chemical, and mathematical skills, are necessary. This position involves affixing pipelines, therefore, experience in using hand and power tools, is required.
This position reports directly to the Stationary Engineer - Maintenance Lead; there are no supervisory responsibilities.
- Transcribes a Boiler Room Shift Report and a Building Status Report, for the Main Boiler Plant and all campus buildings
- Maintains the proper operation of boiler, plumbing, electrical systems and emergency generators on campus.
- Responds to unanticipated calls from students, faculty and staff concerning heat complications.
- Checks all gas, water and steam lines for leaks during rounds.
- Performs chemical tests on both on-line and off-line boilers.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Seton Hill University offers competitive wages and benefits. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and covering letter, or application for employment from Human Resources, to: Cale Geary, Director of Maintenance and Grounds, firstname.lastname@example.org, Seton Hill University -Box 168, Greensburg, PA 15601-15099
Posted: December 8, 2023
Updated: February 7, 2024
Seton Hill University’s Office of Financial Services & the Registrar has a full-time opening with benefits. The purpose of this full-time, entry-level position is to provide Seton Hill University students the best service possible, both behind the scenes and with interpersonal interactions in processing and articulating all aspects of students’ accounts.
Seton Hill University is seeking an individual with experience in student accounts and customer/student service, excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and computer literacy. Requirements include a high school diploma, previous work experience, knowledge of cashier duties, accounts receivable, and the ability to effectively interact with the various constituencies affiliated with the university. Additional experience in Registrar or Financial Aid in higher education is a plus. It is preferred that this individual possess a bachelor’s degree. Please send a letter of interest, resume, professional references, and hourly rate requirement by February 21, 2024 by email to email@example.com, or by mail to Holly Crowell, Office of Financial Services & the Registrar, Seton Hill University, One Seton Hill Drive, Greensburg, PA 15601.
Posted: February 16, 2024
Seton Hill University’s Office of Financial Services & the Registrar has a full-time opening with benefits. The purpose of this full-time, entry-level position is to provide Seton Hill University students with exceptional service, both in person and by phone/email.
Seton Hill University is seeking an individual with experience in customer service and higher education, particularly Student Accounts, Registrar, and/or Financial Aid, excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to multi- task, data entry skills, and computer literacy. Requirements include previous work experience and the ability to effectively interact with the various constituencies affiliated with the university. Experience with cashier duties, financial aid documents, and processing forms is a plus. It is preferred that this individual possess a bachelor’s degree. A high school diploma is required for this position. Please send a letter of interest, resume, professional references, and hourly rate requirement by March 1, 2024 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Stacy Levine, Office of Financial Services & the Registrar, Seton Hill University, One Seton Hill Drive, Greensburg, PA 15601.