Applying to Seton Hill as a Traditional Undergraduate Transfer Student

A traditional undergraduate transfer student is anyone applying to Seton Hill University who:

  • has earned college credits at a post-secondary institution after graduating from high school or earning a GED, and
  • is seeking to take courses on-campus in a traditional semester format.

(Click here if you are looking for information on transferring into Seton Hill's Online Bachelor's Degree and Certificate Program.)

Get Started Today!


To Apply to Transfer to Seton Hill, Please Provide:

  • A completed application (apply online now for free!)
  • Official college transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
  • High school transcript required for students without an associate's degree or fewer than 60 credit hours completed.
  • SAT/ACT scores (required if fewer than 25 credits attempted).

GPA Requirement 

To be considered for admission to Seton Hill, you must have maintained a GPA of 2.0 or higher in your previous courses.


Official transcripts are those sent directly from an educational institution to the university in a sealed envelope or through a secure online service. (Other types of transcripts, such as those issued directly to a student, are not considered "official" for enrollment purposes.) Seton Hill requires official transcripts to be sent for enrollment purposes. Please send to: 

Seton Hill University

Office of Admissions

1 Seton Hill Drive

Greensburg, PA 15601

Not Sure if You Want to Transfer - or How to Go About It?

Seton Hill Can Help with Free Credit Evaluations & Transfer Counseling Before You Apply

We'll be happy to take a look at the academic credits you already have and let you know which will transfer to Seton Hill. (We call this a transfer credit evaluation, and it's free.)

If you plan on transferring in the future but not right away, we can also help you choose the courses at your current school that will meet requirements for a degree in your chosen field at Seton Hill. (We call this transfer counseling, and it's also free.)

Select the "transfer advising" option on the inquiry form to be contacted. 

Applying for Readmission to Seton Hill

Former students who have withdrawn from Seton Hill for one or more semesters must reapply through the Admissions Office by supplying:

  • A completed application (apply online now for free!)
  • Official college transcripts from all colleges/universities attended since leaving Seton Hill.

Deadline to Apply

Seton Hill University has rolling admissions, so there is no deadline. 

Transfer Credits

You can transfer up to 90 credits to Seton Hill. To earn a Seton Hill degree:Transfer 90 credits graphic

  • One half of the credits in your major must be taken at Seton Hill.
  • Your final 30 credits must be taken at Seton Hill.

Once you're admitted into Seton Hill University and provide official transcripts from all universities attended, you will receive an official credit evaluation indicating which credits will transfer into Seton Hill. Credit will only be given for courses in which you've earned a C- or better. 

(We can help you figure out which credits will transfer before you apply.)

Articulation Agreements & Cooperative Programs

Seton Hill has articulation agreements (an agreement between institutions that coursework taken at one institution will transfer into the program of the other) and cooperative programs with Westmoreland County Community College (PDF) and Community College of Allegheny County(PDF). We also have agreements with a variety of schools locally, nationally and abroad.  It is not a requirement that your previous institution have an agreement with Seton Hill for your credits to transfer. 

Financial Aid & Support 

At Seton Hill, we keep our costs low, and we'll work with you to create an aid package to help any outstanding need. Aid just for undergraduate transfer students includes:

Transfer Scholarships: Up to $21,000 annually.

WCCC Scholarship/Grant:
 Students who have been accepted to Seton Hill University, enroll full-time, and have attended Westmoreland County Community College and completed 15 or more credits will be awarded $1,500.

Find out more about costs and aid here.

Enrolling in Classes

Once you are accepted and have submitted your admission (and, if applicable) housing deposit, you'll be eligible to enroll in classes. We'll stay in touch and assist you throughout the admission and enrollment process.

Come Visit Graphic

Come Up to the Hill!

If you haven’t been to visit us yet, please schedule a time to come up to the Hill. You may just see your future from here.