Undergraduate International Admission Requirements
Applying to Seton Hill's Undergraduate Program as an International Student
If you're ready to apply to Seton Hill University as a first-time freshman or a transfer from another university, you'll need to know our deadlines and complete the following steps to submit your application. We'll make an admission decision once we've received your application and all required information. We encourage you to apply early, especially if you'll need previous course work evaluated by a professional foreign credential service.
International students will need an F-1 student visa to study at Seton Hill. Find out how to obtain one in the U.S. Immigration Regulations section of our site.
Application Deadlines for Undergraduate International Students
Fall Term (begins late August): Complete application by July 1.
Spring Term (begins late January): Complete application by December 1.
Completing Your Application
The following steps will help guide you through Seton Hill University's application process. If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com.
- Submit your undergraduate program application online. International students must submit their application through the Seton Hill University online application or through the Common Application and may include all applicable materials as attachments.
- Submit your secondary school/high school transcript. If you're in your final year of secondary school (high school), you must submit official, course-by-course grade reports, mark sheets or transcripts from the past three years. If you've already completed secondary school, you must submit a graduation certificate. If the original language of the records is not English, certified translations are required.
- Submit your postsecondary school transcript. If you've completed course work at a postsecondary school (college, university or professional school) you must submit official transcripts or mark sheets from each school attended. Advanced standing may be granted for course work equivalent to courses offered at Seton Hill, as determined by a credit evaluation. The credit evaluation will be completed after a required course evaluation from the World Education Services (WES). If the original language of the records is not English, certified translations are required.
- Submit test results of English proficiency (for nonnative English speakers only). For native English speakers, the SAT or ACT is required. If English is not your native language, we accept any of the following as a demonstration of English language proficiency. (You need to submit test results or proof of completion for only one of the items below.)
- TOEFL score of at least 213 (computer-based), or 79-80 (Internet based).
- IELTS score of 6.0.
- Completion of 30 semester hours at a U.S. university.
- Completion of an ESL program.
- SAT score of at least a 470 on the critical reading section.
- ACT composite score of 20 or higher.
- Duolingo score of at least 100.
- Submit your Certificate of Finances. International applicants are required to submit a completed Certificate of Finances. This document verifies funds for at least one year of tuition, room and board, technology fees, insurance, books and supplies and transportation. The applicant must use Seton Hill's Certificate of Finances, the CFR will be sent upon acceptance to the University.
Some academic programs have specific admission requirements (such as a personal interview or audition requirement, for instance). Take a look at the academic program pages to find out if the program(s) in which you are interested have additional admission requirements.
How to Submit Information
Information not submitted through the online application can be submitted to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Seton Hill University
1 Seton Hill Drive
Greensburg, PA 15601
Fax: (724) 830-1294