Theatre Business (B.A.)
The Business of Theatre
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward
Why the Theatre Business Program at Seton Hill University?
As a student in Seton Hill University's Theatre Business Program, you will learn to create and apply business and entrepreneurial skills for theatre and dance, while gaining experience in all aspects of the performing arts through:
- three full-length productions, two dance concerts and a number of studio productions each year
- the opportunity to work in our costume and design shops, as well as the box office
- a variety of business clubs, including chapters of the American Marketing Association (AMA) and Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- study in our state-of-the-art facilities, including the Arts Center and Performing Arts Center
- all of the benefits of our Apple Distinguished School, including an Apple laptop and iPad for all full-time freshmen
Students interested in majoring in Theatre Business at Seton Hill University are not required to complete an audition or portfolio review in order to be accepted into the program. However, students wishing to compete for scholarships within the School of Visual and Performing Arts must complete one or the other in order to be considered.
Performance & Production Opportunities
All productions offer an array of performance and technical opportunities. Seton Hill University's Performing Arts Center houses the William Granger Ryan Theatre and the Ridge Performance Studio, where performances and shorter works are presented throughout the academic year. First-year students are encouraged to get involved with a production from their very first week here on the Hill.
Internships & Careers
Seton Hill's award-winning Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) will work with you, your professors and local, regional and national employers to prepare you with the career preparation skills, internship opportunities and placement services that you need - as a student and after you graduate.
At Seton Hill, you'll learn from and work side-by-side with skilled faculty in both the School of Business and the School of Visual and Performing Arts. Your professors and instructors will have a variety of experiences in all aspects of the performing arts, that will be presented in conjunction with your business courses.
Ready to Take Your Next Step Forward?
You can apply online for free at any time. Seton Hill features streamlined admissions requirements and a comprehensive aid program. If you haven't been to visit us yet, please schedule a time to come up to the Hill. You may just see your future from here.