The Foundation for Your Success
University graduates entering the workforce can expect to be changing careers at least three times in their lives, many even more. The following skills and qualities necessary for success and adaptability in work life are developed through the liberal arts curriculum at Seton Hill, which is required as a part of every undergraduate degree program:
- Resourcefulness in obtaining and processing information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Awareness of global issues and other cultures.
- Capacity to collaborate and work among diversity.
- Sensitivity to ethical dimensions and strong self-discipline.
In a constantly changing and unpredictable job market, college graduates must create their own futures. Coupled with the depth achieved through study in a chosen major, the liberal arts curriculum at Seton Hill will not only prepare you for your first job, but for a lifetime of meaningful career opportunities.
"I would wish to fit you for that world in which you are destined to live."
- Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton
David von Schlichten D.Min., Ph.D., M.F.A.
Dean of the School of Humanities, Professor of Religious…