Global Studies (B.A.)
Global Studies (B.A.)
The World is Ours
Issues like global warming and international migration have profound impacts on business and society. These challenges - like so many others - cannot be addressed by any one country alone. Today, a network of organizations that include government agencies, intergovernmental groups, nonprofit agencies and multinational corporations is increasingly meeting the needs of the global community. As a global studies major at Seton Hill University, you’ll study how these organizations can best interact, while honing the political, business, cultural and communication skills necessary to succeed in a career with global impact.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
Why Global Studies at Seton Hill University?
At Seton Hill, you choose one of the following areas of specialization for your global studies degree:
- Human Rights, Peace and Justice: Prepare to address global conflicts via ethically and socially responsible behavior through careers in conflict negotiation, global development, local governance and international law.
- Environment and Sustainability: Become familiar with methods and tools used to address environmental, political and economic challenges, including issues associated with developing clean energy, exploring sustainable industry, and creating and meeting environmental regulations.
- Social Entrepreneurship: Learn the business skills and technologies necessary to create or lead a profitable business that also meets public needs for goods and services.
No matter which specialization you choose, you will:
- Study abroad.
- Learn another language.
- Complete an internship in global studies (in the U.S. or abroad).
- Develop policy analysis, diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- Graduate with an enhanced level of intercultural competency and an understanding of how governments, communities and cultures can communicate effectively.
Seton Hill global studies majors will have the opportunity to participate on Seton Hill’s Model United Nations committee via an annual meeting held in New York City at United Nations Headquarters.
Seton Hill students from the 2017 team talk about their experience representing Cambodia in the video below.
Seton Hill University’s degree in global studies can prepare you for a job in:
- International Relations
- Multinational Business
- International Law
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Politics and Public Service
- Government Agencies
- International Peace and Security
- Environmental Science and Sustainable Development
- International Relief Services
- Human Rights
- Policymaking and Analysis
- International Trade
Seton Hill University’s Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) can provide you with the career preparation skills, internship opportunities and the placement services you need to keep you moving up.
Ready to Take Your Next Step UP?
You can apply online for free any time. Seton Hill features streamlined admission requirements and a comprehensive aid program. If you haven’t been to visit us yet, please schedule a time to come up to the Hill. You may just see your future from here.