Art History (B.A.)
Become a Part of Art History
Seton Hill University's Art History (B.A.) Program will prepare you for professional careers in art fields such as teaching, curatorship, conservation or educational positions in museums. You'll have the opportunity to develop a knowledge and understanding of the visual imagery created throughout the course of history.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward
Why Earn a Degree in Art History from Seton Hill University?
As an art history student at Seton Hill University, you'll engage in courses that provide a broad foundation in art history and in the liberal arts, as you prepare for you future career or graduate study. At Seton Hill, you will:
- analyze art objects and movements from a variety of cultures, with sensitivity and an understanding of cultural relativity
- learn and study in our state-of-the art facilities, including the Seton Hill Arts Center
- experience all of the benefits of our Apple Distinguished School, which includes a MacBook Air laptop for all full-time freshmen
- have access and opportunities to utilize Seton Hill's various art galleries, to present student work and view professional work from local artists
Fieldwork, Apprenticeships & Careers
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs as curators and historians are expected to increase faster than average through 2026. Students in Seton Hill's Arts Programs have a history of successfully obtaining and completing apprenticeships and fieldwork in local and national museums.
As a Seton Hill University alum, you'll have career services for life - our award-winning Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) will work with you from your freshman year and beyond, supplying you with the career and professional skills that you'll need to succeed both on and off the Hill.
At Seton Hill University, you'll learn from faculty members with skills and experiences in various areas of the arts as you work side-by-side with them throughout your courses.
Ready to Take Your Next Step Forward?
Schedule a visit to come up to the Hill. You never know - you might just see your future from here! In the meantime, you can:
- apply online for free
- take advantage of our streamlined admission requirements
- learn more about our comprehensive aid program