Art Education (B.A.)
Art Education (B.A.)
Educating the Future of Art
The Art Education Program at Seton Hill University combines a strong liberal arts education with advanced art teacher preparation, making its graduates exceptionally well prepared to teach and ready to succeed both personally and professionally. While earning your degree, you will also fulfill the educational requirements for teacher certification in Pennsylvania.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
Already have a bachelor's degree? If you already hold a bachelor's degree and are interested in earning teaching certification and/or a second degree, please inquire through our postbaccalaureate teaching certification program. You may be eligible for discounted tuition and special aid.
Why the Art Education Program at Seton Hill University?
At Seton Hill, you will receive valuable teaching and artistic experience that will prepare you to teach art in grades Pre K - 12. Our degree/certification preparation program will move you forward into your role as a future educator, as you
- earn a teaching certification
- receive excellent studio instruction, comprehensive art history instruction and exposure to studies in criticism and aesthetics
- enjoy state-of-the-art facilities in our Arts Center
- have opportunities to work with children in Seton Hill's Child Development Center
- complete a 14-week student teaching program, during which you will plan and employ lesson designs under the guidance of a cooperating teacher at a school in a local area school district
- experience all of the benefits of our Apple Distinguished School, including a MacBook Air laptop for full-time freshmen
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects the job outlook for teachers to grow steadily through 2026. The award-winning Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) at Seton Hill will work with you, your professors and local, regional and national employers to provide you with the career preparation skills and placement services you need - as a student and after you graduate.
As a student in Seton Hill University's Art Education Program, you will work with experienced faculty members who have a wide variety of experiences and skills in both the arts and education fields.
Ready to Take Your Next Step Forward?
You can apply online for free at any time. Seton Hill features admissions requirements and a comprehensive aid program. If you haven't been to visit us yet, please schedule a time to come up to the Hill. You may just see your future from here.