Nutrition and Dietetics (M.S.)
Nutrition and Dietetics (M.S.)
Prepare to Become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Seton Hill’s Master's in Nutrition and Dietetics will prepare you to become a registered dietitian in a little more than a year. Why wait to start helping others live longer, healthier lives?
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
Why Choose Seton Hill?
- Affordable cost plus special discounts and aid for graduate students.
- Seton Hill’s competency-based program seamlessly integrates online coursework with supervised experiential learning.
- Upon graduation, you will be eligible to sit for the National Registration Examination to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
- Our smaller program size means that you get personalized attention and support.
- Online classes give you added flexibility.
- You will learn critical thinking and scientific skills needed for:
- future clinical practice
- management and leadership
- Our program inspires interprofessional collaboration and offers opportunities to achieve expanded roles in nutrition practice.
Seton Hill Nutrition and Dietetics Program faculty are equipped with a wide array of certifications and skill sets, and include:
- Licensed dietitian-nutritionists
- Registered dietitians
- Certified diabetes care and education specialists
Seton Hill has high career placement rates for all of its graduate programs.
Graduates of Seton Hill’s Nutrition and Dietetics Program have careers in:
- General medical nutrition therapy.
- Specialty practice areas such as renal nutrition, diabetes care, nutrition support and sports nutrition.
- Food systems management for hospitals, schools, universities or corporations.
- Community nutrition agencies.
- Private practice.
Some graduates have used their entrepreneurial skills to develop their own nutrition-related businesses.
Program Schedule & Format
You can earn your M.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics at Seton Hill in 1.5 years. You will spend the first year taking online courses. Your last semester will be devoted to 40 hours per week of supervised experiential learning at various sites. View the University's Academic Calendar.
Supervised Experiential Learning Placement
Seton Hill’s Nutrition and Dietetics Program maintains relations with many acute care facilities, long-term care facilities, school districts, and other public and private health agencies and businesses. We will coordinate your placement in practical learning sites (within 100 miles of Seton Hill's Greensburg, Pa. campus) that will prepare you to become a registered dietitian nutritionist.
The Integrated Master’s in Nutrition and Dietetics at Seton Hill University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation as the official accrediting body for nutrition and dietetic education programs.
For further information on ACEND accreditation, contact:
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
120 South Riverside Plaza
Chicago, Illinois 60606-6995
Phone (800)-877-1600 ext 5400
Noteworthy Practice Recognition
The Seton Hill Nutrition and Dietetics Program has been recognized as a Noteworthy Practice among ACEND-accredited programs.
To apply to the M.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics Program, you must:
- Complete the graduate study application form. (Apply online for free!)
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from an ACEND (Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics) Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) school.
- Provide official transcripts for undergraduate and any graduate or postbaccalaureate coursework.
- Provide a verification statement of graduation from a DPD program.
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
Ready to Take Your Next Step Forward?
Apply online for free any time.
View tuition discounts & aid available for graduate programs at Seton Hill.
Nutrition and Dietetics (Integrated Master's) StoriesView All Nutrition and Dietetics (Integrated Master's) Stories
Karen Harouse-Bell Receives Outstanding Dietetic Educator Award
Seton Hill Alumna Lisa Scales '84 Named Pittsburgher of the Year
To contact the Office of Graduate and Online Studies about graduate-level programs, fill out the online Request for Information form. Ready to apply? Apply online now for free! You may also call Graduate Admissions at (724) 838-4208 or email us at email@example.com.