NSF STEM Scholars Program
Scholarships & Academic Support for Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology & Forensic Science Majors
Scholarships Available for First-Time Full-Time Freshmen Beginning Fall 2023
Deadline for Applications: March 31, 2023
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded Seton Hill University a competitive grant of nearly $750,000 to support biology, biochemistry, chemistry and forensic science majors from under-resourced environments through scholarships as well as a mentorship network and career exploration program. Scholarships are valued at up to $10,000 per year and are renewable for 4 years.
You can read more about this program and scholarship here.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be Pell Grant eligible, as demonstrated by your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application.
- Have a minimum overall high school GPA of 3.0.
- Be a first-time full-time freshman.
- Be accepted to Seton Hill as a biology, biochemistry, chemistry or forensic science major.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident.
- Complete an online application (below) and submit a video (up to 3 min.) about your interest in the STEM field and why you'd like to participate in the NSF STEM Scholars Program at Seton Hill.
Creating Your Seton Hill NSF STEM Scholars Program Application Video
Please include this content:
- Introduce yourself.
- Explain your interest in the STEM field.
- Tell us why you want to be a member of the NSF STEM Scholars Program.
Tips for filming your video:
- Please try to capture the highest quality video possible.
- Use your phone’s best camera (normally the rear-facing camera) to record the video in landscape orientation.
- Make sure you are in a well-lit area.
- Consider your background. If you are able, make it neutral – a plain wall or a clean organized space.
- If you don’t have a phone, use your laptop. Your phone or laptop mic should be fine.
Submitting your video:
- Post your video as an unlisted video on YouTube. (Find instructions for uploading a YouTube video here.)
- Put the shareable link to your video where required in the application form below.
We're Here to Help! Call Seton Hill's Financial Aid Office any time at (724) 838-4293, or email email@example.com.