Financial Aid Process
We'll Help You Find the Aid You Need
The financial aid staff at Seton Hill is well prepared to guide you through the financial aid application process. Every student is encouraged to apply for financial aid consideration, regardless of family income. Many factors determine a student's eligibility for financial aid and each student is individually evaluated at Seton Hill.
Procedure For Applying For Financial Aid: FAFSA
- New students must complete and submit the Seton Hill University application for admission and be accepted to the University before any financial aid is offered.
- New and returning students must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year for initial and renewal financial aid consideration. The FAFSA application determines all eligibility for federal, state and Seton Hill grants as well as Federal Direct Stafford Loans and work study. The FAFSA should be submitted as soon as possible each year after October 1st of the year prior to a student's expected enrollment and no later than May 1st of the year of expected enrollment. Be sure to release your FAFSA results to Seton Hill by including our Title IV school code: 003362 on the FAFSA. The FAFSA can be completed online (2 - 4 days average processing time). Need help understanding the FAFSA? Click here for a step-by-step video tutorial.
- New and returning students must also complete a Seton Hill University Financial Aid application. This application can be found on MySHU, The Financial Aid Center, Forms.
Types Of Aid Available
Seton Hill University will receive your FAFSA results electronically. Upon receipt, financial aid staff will verify your enrollment and begin to calculate your eligibility for the following types of financial aid:
- Grants & Scholarships
- Federal Grants
- State Grants
- Seton Hill University Grants & Scholarships
- Private Grants
- Student Loans
- Federal Direct Stafford Loans
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans
- Alternative Loans
- Federal Work-study
- Seton Hill University Work-study
- State Work-study