Campus Ministry provides opportunities for students to train for, participate in, and reflect upon meaningful service to the community. These service experiences include aiding the very young and the elderly, the unemployed and economically disadvantaged, the homeless and the handicapped. Students enrich their own lives while helping others in the search for justice and liberation. Seton Hill University has developed service outreach activities in collaboration with the following organizations:
- Caritas Christi - participate in monthly programs for retired Sisters of Charity.
- Habitat for Humanity - renovate homes for low-income families.
- Operation Christmas Basket - make crafts for a sale benefiting the local food bank and the Center Against Domestic and Sexual Violence.
- Alternative Breaks - engage in an intense service project during Fall/Spring Break.
- Sister to Sister - a mentoring program with African-American middle school girls.
- PA Cleanways - participate in environmental restoration of Mt. Thor Road, near campus.
- Welcome Home Center - provide clerical and cleaning services, develop interactive programs for women and children at Welcome Home, a center that provides temporary housing and support services to homeless families and single-parent families.
- Food Bank - sort and package food items donated to the food bank to assist those in need.
- St. Emma's Monastery - assist Benedictine sisters with indoor and outdoor cleaning and organizing of the retreat center.
- Christian Layman Thrift Store - organize shelves, dust, clean, sort clothes.
- Greensburg YMCA - assist with indoor and outdoor work.
- St. Vincent DePaul Store - assist with organization of donated items.
- Greater Parkview Church - assist with painting and remodeling needs.
- Our Lady of Grace Food Distribution - assist with distribution of food.
Each semester other volunteer programs may evolve depending on local needs and student interest.
Griffins@Work Club in Marion County on a week-long service trip in which they partnered with Habitat for Humanity to dismantle a damaged home: