Steelers Basketball Team vs. Seton Hill Faculty & Staff 4/4 - Media Advisory
What: The Steelers Basketballers will play the SHU Faculty & Staff basketball team to raise funds for the Sisters of the Holy Family in New Orleans, whose facilities were destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, and the Seton Hill Student Representative Program. This event is sold out.
When: Tuesday, April 4, 2006 at 8 p.m. (The Steelers will sign autographs at halftime, approximately 9 p.m.)
Where: The Salvitti Gymnasium in the Katherine Mabis McKenna Center on Seton Hill’s Greensburg, Pa. campus.
Who: The current Steelers Basketballers roster includes: Charlie Batch, Mike Logan, Ricardo Colclough, Clark Haggans, James Harrison, Chris Hoke, Brett Keisel, Lee Mays, Bryant McFadden, Troy Polamalu, Willie Parker, Joey Porter, Russell Stuvaints, Max Starks, Ike Taylor, Deshea Townsend and Cedrick Wilson. We won’t know who will be playing until they arrive on campus, but if you’d like to receive a call with the names of the Steelers players when they arrive at approximately 7:45 p.m., please give Becca Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org) your phone number. Or, give Becca a call the evening of the 4th at 724-689-3599.
Parking: Limited media parking will be available on campus. TV news trucks may park in the small lot across from the boiler house. Other parking may be found in Lots A, B, C & D. (A Seton Hill campus map can be found at www.setonhill.edu under Admissions & Come Visit.) Parking will also be available in the Robert Bell Parking Garage in downtown Greensburg on Otterman Street beginning at 6 p.m., with free shuttle service to and from campus.
Media access: The Steelers will not be granting interviews prior to or following the game, but they will be signing autographs at halftime. A limited amount of seating for media has been reserved at the scorer’s table. The running track, which circles the second floor of the McKenna Center, also offers an unobstructed view of the gymnasium. Show your press credentials to gain access to the Salvitti Gymnasium or running track.
Directions to Seton Hill University:
1. From the West: Pennsylvania Turnpike (Rt. 76) east to new Exit 67/ old Exit 7 (Irwin). Follow Rt. 30 east approximately 8 miles. Take the Pittsburgh Street Exit into the city of Greensburg. At the fifth traffic light, turn left onto Bell Way. Go one block to the next traffic light and continue straight onto College Avenue through the tunnel. The University's entrance is on the left. Or take Rt. 70 east to New Stanton. Then, follow directions from #4 below.
2. From Pittsburgh: Take the Parkway (Rt. 76) and travel east. Travel approximately 10 miles to new Exit 67/ old Exit 7 (Irwin). Then, follow directions from #1 above.
3. From the Northwest: Take Rt. 79 south to Pennsylvania Turnpike (Rt. 76). Travel east to new Exit 67/ old Exit 7 (Irwin). Then, follow directions from #1 above.
4. From the East: Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Rt. 76) west to new Exit 75/ old Exit 8 (New Stanton). Then, follow Rt. 119 north to the Rt. 66 north exit. (Toll is $1). Travel north and take Exit 5 (Greensburg/Jeannette, Rt. 130). At the end of the exit, make a right onto Rt. 130 east. After approximately 2 miles, the University's entrance is on the right. Or take the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Rt. 76) west to new Exit 75/ old Exit 8 (New Stanton). Then, follow Rt. 119 north (approximately 8 miles). Upon entering downtown Greensburg, Rt. 119 becomes Main Street. Continue on Main Street and turn left onto Otterman Street (at the Courthouse Square). At the second traffic light, turn right onto College Avenue. The University's entrance is on the left.
5. From the Northeast: Take Rt. 22 west to Rt. 66 south (Toll is 50¢). Take Exit 5 (Greensburg/Jeanette, Rt. 130). At end of exit, make a left onto Rt. 130 east. After approximately 2 miles, the University's entrance is on the right.
6. From the South: Follow Rt. 119 north to New Stanton. Then follow directions from #4 above.